Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas TV - what have you enjoyed, or not?

Collapse
X

Christmas TV - what have you enjoyed, or not?

We have watched Call The Midwife. Very much enjoyed, but taking a tiny premature baby to a freezing cold caravan in a incubator in the depths of winter, even temporarily didn't ring true!
    We watched Paddington on Film 4, as we hadn't see the first film when it came out.
    We have also seen the first part of Christmas Bake Off.

Dr Who, Victoria, Little Women and The Miniaturist are all recorded and yet to watch. OH is atm watching a Christmas programme about musicals which we recorded.

We have a free day today, so will no doubt watch some more recorded or live stuff today.

“A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Watched the first instalment of Little Women, I agree about the baby being taken into the caravan, I knew the baby was going to start crying when the hot water bottle was put in the bag.
    Last edited by Plantaholic; 29-12-2017, 10:50 PM.
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

I haven't watched a lot of tv. What i have watched is what i have recorded. just watched ½ of the first bake off. Will watch the rest later.
      Recorded Call the Midwife,but not watched it yet.
      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Watched very little to be honest but last night watched the Minituralist very good and creepy at the same time, and looking forward to The Highway Rat we have taped , but we are not ones for tv at anytime really

Comment

We watch very little Christmas Day and Boxing Day, although we did watch Call The Midwife when it was shown on Christmas night. We record what we think we will like, then enjoy when we have time to relax. I read The Miniaturist when it came out l so am looking forward to the TV adaptation.
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

We haven't watched any tv. OH recorded all the Corrie and Eastenders episodes, so it was almost impossible to record any of the programmes I might have watched. But, we have a free day tomorrow so I might watch Call the Midwife on catch up.
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I did watch some TV on catch up but I think all in all Christmas TV has not been great but it rarely is in my opinion.
              If you want to go fast go alone, if you want to go far go together

Comment

Didn’t watch much tv Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so I have watched via ‘catchup ‘ and to be honest I haven’t been that impressed. I thought the best programme was Victoria . Call the Midwife was a bit far fetched with the baby in the bag story line . Wish Chummy was back in it. ( Not in the bag obviously 🙄)

The only programme I am really looking forward to is ‘A Christmas Carol Goes Wrong’ . It’s on tomorrow on BBC 1 at 10 past 7
                Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

I have that set to record tomorrow Mimi

I loved Victoria. It is so visually beautiful.

Comment

I forgot about Victoria. I must ha e a look at that.

Comment

Mimi - we've set A Christmas Carol Goes Wrong' to record as well!
                      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Loved Little Women, have yet to watch Victoria.
                        What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Little women was one of my favourite books and I still have my original copy which was inscribed by my dad when I was 11. I watched the 1940 s version but I don’t want to watch a made in modern day one. I prefer my imagination. I know that sounds silly.

Comment

I enjoyed Little Women too, but I'm sure Beth lived a lot longer in this version than the book!

Comment

I haven’t really watched anything yet but am looking forward to the ones I’ve recorded when we get home. I did watch “Victoria though and really enjoyed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X