Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell us about films you have seen.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

Tell us about films you have seen.

Yesterday OH and I went to see the Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. We loved it. The scenery and lovely colourful clothes in themselves are joy. It made me feel rather drab, and vow to by some more colourful clothes for summer!
    A couple of friends didn't enjoy it as much as the first film, but we did.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

I felt the same Gemini, the colours were wonderful, none of them clashed. Shall we see you in something really colourful when we meet.
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Hmm, maybe Plant!
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I really fancy that film loved the first one

Comment

Me too! Love the story and the actors. I think people with darker skins can get away with vivid colours so much better than us northern Europeans.
          Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. T.S Eliot

Comment

waiting for it to come on DVD, enjoyed the first one immensely. I do try to get colourful colours in my wardrobe and have a lovely blue ensemble which I wore on holiday but for my job I cannot really be floating around flamboyantly can I? Having said that whe I did my training for my business connector role (a whole year ago!) we were told not to dress as if we are going to the office, consequently I have rather stuck to skinny jeans and tops.
            If you want to go fast go alone, if you want to go far go together

Comment

San Andreas

I was looking forward to this, and I wasn't disappointed.
              If you like disaster movies, you will love this.
              Action right from the start, tension, earthquake, tsunami, brilliant special effects, romance, family love, survival against all odds, it's got it all. What's not to like?!

Implausible in parts, predictable in parts, but it was fun and well worth seeing

Comment

Going today Gem to see it looking forward to it now you have seen it, and sent a good report on it and having tea out at ASK I think we deserved it and we are so worth it lol

Comment

Today we saw The Lady in the Van. I thoroughly enjoyed it, I recommend it highly

I recently saw Suffragette. An equally good, although very different, film, which I was glad I saw.

Comment

I am going to see Lady in the Van tomorrow with my GD

Comment

I'm not one for going to the cinema.Usually watch them when they come on TV.
                      I prefer films that are true stories.
                      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Lady in the van is a true strory Nan2

Comment

Yes Gemini I have the book of true stories written by Alan Bennett about his life.

Comment

I knew of a lady who lived in an enormous house, and for years a tramp lived in her garden shed. He even had post delivered!
                            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Today we went to see The Danish Girl
                              An amazing film, starring the wonderful Eddie Redmayne in another unusual and challenging role which he played superbly.
                              It made me cry, so be warned.
                              His co star, the beautiful Alicia Vikander was excellent too.

Comment

Working...
                              X