sending love

to dear Daisy and her family
See more
See less

Swan Lake

Collapse
X

Swan Lake

We are going to see Swan Lake tonight. It is a live screening from The Royal Opera House Covent Garden to our local Vue cinema.
    This was my DD1s Christmas present to my OH, which of course I benefit from too We have VIP seats, we shall feel very posh!

I love the live screenings. I saw one from The Globe last year. My mum has seen a couple from the National. A friend of mine sees all the operas from The Met in New York, he books a whole years worth at a time!
    Such a good way to see things, without the travel, and for far less. I know it isn't exactly like the real thing, but it's a very good second!
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

I know you will both enjoy it very much Gem. It certainly is one of my favourite Ballets of all time.
    Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. T.S Eliot

Comment

Hope you enjoy it you culture vulture

Comment

Hope you enjoyed the ballet.Look forward to hearing all about it.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

It was lovely The dancers in the Seigfried and Odette/Odile roles were amazing! A bonus was 2 friends were sitting in the 2 seats directly in front of us! I woke with the music going round my head this morning (that, and where has The Grannys Rest gone?!)
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Pleased you enjoyed the ballet. What a coincidence about your friends sitting near you. Grannys Rest got closed before it was open properly.
            Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nanto2girls View Post
              Pleased you enjoyed the ballet. What a coincidence about your friends sitting near you. Grannys Rest got closed before it was open properly.
              You can't keep a good Grannny bar down

Comment

I've not heard of that Gem.... a live screening to the cinema. I wish they would do that here for other concerts too. What a great idea. I too wondered where our bar had disappeared to. 😱
                "Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them....your smile, your hope, and your courage."

(Doe Zantamata.)

Comment

Working...
                X