Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ant & Dec

Collapse
X

Ant & Dec

Now i like these too and its good to see someone from our region getting awards But getting this honor for services to entertainment , really !!!
    its becoming a farce , these entertainers get paid vast amounts for doing a job they chose and love why should they get a Gong ?
    What about all the people who work hard to make a better world for people on no pay and without notice , or The old Military men who showed bravery above and beyond that have to have petitions going to get justice for their sacrifice , or the hundreds of Nurses and Drs who work tirelessly to save lives or discover cures , the list can go on and on but who do they pick ? Well paid celebs and sports people , Makes me mad , Good luck to Ant& Dec but i could think of lots of more deserving people who are NOT making Millions just working quietly to give people a better life
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

I agree Oma. Why are famous, extremely rich celebrities given awards for doing their 'jobs' .?
    I like Ant and Dec, they are good at what they do, but to be rewarded for it, that's taking it a bit far. They have a life style only most of us could dream of , isn't that reward enough.
    Things like this make a mockery of all he wonderful people out there who have put others first by dedicating all their spare time to so many good causes at home and overseas.
    Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

I totally agree. I love Ant and Dec. They are talented, funny, and seem really lovely guys.
      Not the right recipients for this type of award though.
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

The people who would triumph imo would probably not accept any awards for their contribution to finding cures and saving lives etc they would be far to humble and just glad to have found their expertise of use to the general public.
        Keep Calm,You're Fabulous

Comment

Good point Glam !xxxx

Comment

It does all seem to have gone haywire with certain sections seeing honours as a right. When my friend set up a vulva cancer charity she found that celebrities expected £10,000 minimum just for one appearance. So wrong that they then expect to be publicly honoured! There are lots of people running youth clubs, sports clubs etc often at their own expense who deserve the acknowledgement.
            xx

Comment

I agree with everything that has been said.
              Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I totally agree. Our society has got its values all wrong. Shem - did your friend didn't get an award for doing such a worthwhile thing?

Glamm - you're probably right about that, too. A lot of people who I think should get awards wouldn't want the fuss.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                X