Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas TV

Collapse
X

Christmas TV

What are you watching or recording?
    We watched both episodes of Last Tango in Halifax last night . definitely worth watching.
    We will record Christmas specials of Call The Midwife, British Bake off, Dr Who, Stella, and Outnumbered. I'm sure there are others but those are the ones which come to mind, plus the soaps!

Not a Christmas special, but we are watching The truth about Henry V111's Six Wives. with Lucy Worsley. We have watched 2 out of 3 episodes and are enjoying it very much.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

We watched last tango and really enjoyed it up to standard as per usual. Do hope they make another series. Haven't really pin pointed the things we will watch except we shall both laugh like drains at Mrs Browns boys no doubt.
    "What doesn't kill us,makes us stronger."

Comment

Recorder set for the soaps.Call the Midwife and Bake off up to now.
      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I haven't sorted out viewing,recording etc yet as I'll wait to see what family want..
        Gem,I've watched the Six Wives programme and really enjoyed it.Perhaps now I'll remember the order and names of the wives.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
          What are you watching or recording?
          We watched both episodes of Last Tango in Halifax last night . definitely worth watching.
          We will record Christmas specials of Call The Midwife, British Bake off, Dr Who, Stella, and Outnumbered. I'm sure there are others but those are the ones which come to mind, plus the soaps!

Not a Christmas special, but we are watching The truth about Henry V111's Six Wives. with Lucy Worsley. We have watched 2 out of 3 episodes and are enjoying it very much.
          Henry VIII Six Wives with Lucy Worsley is brilliant. Even if you are not interested in history it is reallly well done and compelling viewing. Isn't LW so good. Last Tango brilliant as always. Grantchester is back too. Don't forget Midsomer Murders.
          Be careful when blindly following the Masses.
          Sometimes the 'M' is silent.

Comment

I am enjoying Henry V111 Six Wives too BL
            What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Granchester is a favourite, so is Outnumbered. I did enjoy Lucy Worsley's Henry V111 and his six wives too. Neither of us are fond of Last Tango though or any bake offs. Midsomer is always a treat although I do miss Tom Barnaby. Just love John Nettles. There are a couple of films I shall record. OH will watch some sport. We always record the Queen's Speech too and enjoy that.
              Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. T.S Eliot

Comment

Not sure yet , but we don't watch the soaps , Mrs Brown is a must as is the Midwives
                Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I also want to watch the programme about the Brontes. I think it is on on the 29th.
                  And Granchester.
                  “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

We haven't had a good look at what's on yst, but I'll record 'We're going on a bear hunt' for the GDs, Call the Midwife, Bake Off, Outnumbered, and OH will record Corrie and Eastenders. There's a new hotel programme (at least I think it's new) called, I think, Hotel Halcyon, so I'll record that. I shal also look out for any other films suitable for GD2 to while away a bit of time on a cold winter's afternoon.

It never ceases to amaze me that we can now record programmes with a couple of clicks, and no messing about with cassettes, tapes, labelling them, digging them out of the recorder when they got stuck, grumbling because someone had forgotten to rewind the tape you wanted to watch! It's bliss.
                    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Originally posted by Plantaholic View Post
                      I am enjoying Henry V111 Six Wives too BL
                      Just watched the last one. So much I didn't know about Anne of Cleeves, what a clever lady. Thoroughly enjoyed this series. Watched Mid Murders, I was sad to read there is a new dog but he is so lovely.
                      Be careful when blindly following the Masses.
                      Sometimes the 'M' is silent.

Comment

Can you tell me which channel the Henry VIII programme is on? I've looked but can't find it, thank you.
                        "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." - Dr Seuss

Comment

I'm going to record the programme about Darcy Bussell tonight as I knew her mother well and looked after Darcy as a child. She was called Marnie Crittle then, but her father died of a heroin overdose and before that he left for Australia and he and Andrea had divorced so Marnie never really knew her dad.

Andrea married an Australian dentist called Phillip Bussell and he adopted Marnie and she changed her name, hence Darcy Bussell. She was 5, 6 and 7 when I had her for sleepovers. I lived in the flat above them in London.

So I follow Darcy's progress avidly, although we've all lost touch. I don't watch Strictly much though so tend to dive in and out just to see Darcy.

Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. T.S Eliot

Comment

Enfys, I think it was BBC 1?

Comment

Yes, found it, thank you
                              "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." - Dr Seuss

Comment

Working...
                              X