to dear Daisy and her family
See more
See less

Time to book for this year's panto!

Collapse
X

Time to book for this year's panto!

For me it is anyway!!

Our annual pantomime is extremely popular. If you want good seats any time close to Christmas, you have to book early.
    The box office opened for booking in person this morning. Online booking opens at 6pm, telephone bookings tomorrow. For many years, when we went as a family on Boxing Day, I was in that morning queue, often for four hours!!!
    These days we go on 23rd or a day or two before, so stand a chance of getting reasonable tickets online, which is what I do.
    I should finish with my client at 5.30, and traffic permitting be home and online by 6pm. Wish me luck!!
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Good luck Gem , we always loved the Panto but the boys are not interested now
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Every year it was me, my husband, 3 DDs and my parents, with the occasional friend or boyfriend as the girls grew older.
      For a few years its was just DD3 and me, the others stopped going. Now GD comes with us, with one parent (one to babysit)
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I used to take the Brownies to the Oxford Panto until they used adult bad language. I don't think there is any reason for that in a family show.
        What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

My friend organises a coach to take a group of us to the panto in Birmingham and books the tickets in January as she wants particular seats - second row of seats of the first balcony! Next one will be my third and it is a really great evening. All adults. We don't even know who will be in it but the Brum one usually has the best cast except for Julian Clary - he seems to think he is doing you a big favour just turning up!!
          xx

Comment

I got my tickets - row B Dress Circle on December 23rd. I'm pleased with that. I knew there would be little or no chance of the front row, unless I went in person.

No excuse for bad language at all Plant.

Comment

Gem - Well done on getting the tickets you wanted. We used to take our boys to some sort of Christmas show, depending on where we were living. When we lived in Worthing we used to go to the ice show in Brighton, in some places it was just the village panto. But as Plant says, sometimes the language and innuendo wasn't suitable for children, and was totally unnecessary!
              "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

We are so lucky. We have had our 'dame' for 38 years. He is wonderful. never dirty and is so funny as he doesn't do the usual drag make up, so to my mind that looks funnier.

Comment

Gem - he sounds really good - and you know you're safe taking the children. I like his comments that he wants everyone to laugh at the same joke, - no innuendo or double meanings.
                  "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Sounds like a good family Panto Gemini.
                    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

It is Plant, people go from childhood, then bring their children. It's lovely 'knowing' the cast, year after year, and anyone is sorely missed who takes a year off. Lots of jokes and references that endure from year to year. I think it is quite a hard pantomime to break into
                      Now you understand why it is so important to get our tickets early!

Comment

Working...
                      X