sending love

to dear Daisy and her family
See more
See less

Musical Memory Lane

Collapse
X

Musical Memory Lane

I find music very evocative and I thought other grannies might like to share their musical memories in a thread.

Hearing the song 'True Love Ways' on tv tonight reminded me it was about this time of year when Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper and Ritchie Valens and the pilot, Roger Peterson died in a plane crash while on tour in America. When I Goggled it, I found the date was actually 3 February 1959. I can remember how shocked I was that one of my rock-n-roll heroes had died so young, and I can remember sitting in a corner at the youth club with a group of friends playing his records non-stop.

The track I've chosen was released in the UK after his death, as the B-side to 'It doesn't matter any more'.

"Raining in My Heart" written by Felice and Boudleaux Bryant was recorded during the same session as "True Love Ways" on October 21, 1958, at the Pythian Tem...

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

I have a wooly tired head right now Daisy so can't think. Good topic however, which I will come back to!
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

This morning I heard Daydream Believer by The Monkees on the radio. I was immediately transported back to being 12 or 13. I loved the Monkees, and played their music all the time in my room. It reminded me of all the joy excitement and hope of being that age, combined with the hormones, but in general that was a happy time for me.

Whenever I hear the music from Jesus Christ Superstar, I am a student, living in London and seeing the show for the first time with my friends. My eldest daughter says this music reminds her of her childhood, as I played it a lot

There is a song, not sure what it is called but it goes 'It's got to beeeee, perfect'
      When my 3rd daughter was born this was used on an Asda advert on TV. I always felt they were singing about my perfect new baby, so that takes me back to her being tiny, when I hear it!
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gem - it's by Fairground Attraction and is called "Perfect"

Fairground Attraction's official music video for 'Perfect'. Click to listen to Fairground Attraction on Spotify: http://smarturl.it/FaiAttSpotify?IQid=FairAt...

That's reminded me I had special songs for both of our boys - 'You are my sunshine' for DS1 and Don McLean's 'Wonderful Baby' for DS2!
        "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Bumping this up, as it's too good a topic to disappear!

Comment

Working...
          X