Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The tattooist of Auschwitz

Collapse
X

The tattooist of Auschwitz

The tattooist of Auschwitz is a true story written by Heather Morris

We watched the film last week and my DD bought the book as usually the books are better,
    I finished reading it this morning ,

This is a true story from the Tattooist before he dies ,
    Its about life and how he survived Auschwitz, finding the love of his life in the death camp ,
    They lived a long happy life after finding each other again once out of the camp.

Its both heart breaking and amazing at the same time .
    How anyone survived is beyond imagination ,
    Coming from a survivor makes it more real .

Not a long book but well told story.
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

I enjoyed the book too, Oma. The series on tv was good too. As you say, a well told story, though it must have been so hard reliving it all.
    Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
    Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

I haven’t read the book but thought the film was so good. What a dreadful time they had in the death camp.
      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Plant
        The book briefly tells what happened after too , how they re built their lives .

Comment

I haven't read the book, or seen the film. If I'm honest, I'm too worried the parts about the death camp would haunt me. Stupid and cowardly, I know, but I can't do it.
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Same here Daisy, I never knowingly watch or read anything about the Holocaust.
            “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

It’s brutal in parts I must admit but so well done .

Comment

I think it was handled very well, concentrated more on how the tattooist dealt with his life in the camp, of course they had to show some cruelty as that happened.
                What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Working...
                X