Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thailand cave rescue

Collapse
X

Thailand cave rescue

Did anyone watch the documentary about the boys football team rescued from the caves in 2018?
    It was on Monday night
    It was really good ,
    watching the first sight of them then the days that followed getting each boy anaesthetised and masked up to bring them on the long 3 hour journey out ,
    One they thought wouldn’t make it as he was so tiny the mask wasn’t a good fit.
    One diver losing the life line and getting lost , he didn’t realise he had backed up on himself till another diver found him ,
    Then when the boys were out and the last of the rescuers were coming out the water pump burst and they were up to their necks in water and just managed to get out .
    The families joy and gratitude .

It showed that many nations can come and work together when humanity needs them
    Very moving documentary

Lots of bits of footage that wasn’t shown at the time,
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

I remember the incident Oma,and everyone's amazement and relief .
    I didn't see the programme. It sounds good I will look it up.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Yes Oma I watched it and enjoyed it If “enjoyed” is the right word for such an event. All the different countries pulling together was heartening. It was pleasing that two of the main experts were British and gained their expertise from their hobby of cave diving. Even the Thai navy SEALS didn’t have the expertise these two had. Sadly one of the SEALS lost his life when he ran out of oxygen.All the rescuers were extremely brave .

Comment

We didn't see it,but i remember it happening.

Another one i remember is when 33 miners were trapped in Chile.
        We wathched on tv as they were bought up in a capsule,after 2 months underground.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Working...
        X