Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr Bates vs The Post Office

Collapse
X

Mr Bates vs The Post Office

Is any one watching this nightly 4-part series? Part 3 tonight on ITV.
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

It’s heartbreaking what those poor people went through isn’t it Daisy 😒
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Yes, it's excellent.
      ​​​​​​I remember hearing about it when it all came out

Terrible for those concerned, and a wicked way to treat people who have done no wrong
      β€œA grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Yes, I agree it is excellent. It was a terrible time for postmasters.
        What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

It is heartbreaking, Oma. I could weep for those poor people whose lives have been ruined by this, and the sheer arrogance of those who treated them appallingly.

Two friends of ours used to run a sub-post office around this time, and one of them found it so stressful that they sold up. They didn't fall foul of the computer problems (I don't think they even knew about them) but it was still incredibly stressful. So I can't imagine what it must have been like for those people who were hounded by the PO because of the computer failures.
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I'm watching it. I can remember when all this came out.
            Eagerly awaiting the next episode.

Tomorrow night on ITV1Mr Bates and the Post Office,true story at 10.45pm.​
            Last edited by Nanto2girls; 03-01-2024, 07:56 PM.
            Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Tonight's episode was even more heart-wrenching, and also made both OH and me very angry. (No details in case anyone is watching it on catch up).

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Oh yes! I’ve followed the story for years when a friend recommended following Nick Wallace on Twitter. He’s the chap who wrote the book The Great Post Office Scandal ( he had to crowd fund to get it published). It really is the biggest scandal of corporate greed, arrogance and mismanagement of a public body ever.
                Our local Postmaster was fined and lost his job although completely innocent.

I’m greatly looking forward to the day that Paula Vennells is indicted for corruption in public office along with all those Post Office and Fujitsu employees who colluded with her.

Comment

Sum, I've been following the story for years because of our friends. I cannot understand why Paula Vennells and other complicit staff have never been prosecuted.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

She should be made to hand back her CBE
                    The lies that went on and the lives they and she ruined , how could she sleep at night 🀬
                    Last edited by Oma; 04-01-2024, 02:52 PM.

Comment

How could she behave like she did and still stand in a pulpit preaching to others. Now they have shown this programme perhaps their might be some more dealing come to light.
                      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

I have just watched the last episode on ITVX, i couldn't wait until tonight.

I'm recording the episode the real story,on tonight at 10.45.

Paula Vennells should have to give back her CBE.
                        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

We are recording it to Nanto .

Comment

Originally posted by Plantaholic View Post
                            How could she behave like she did and still stand in a pulpit preaching to others. Now they have shown this programme perhaps their might be some more dealing come to light.
                            Plant, I couldn't agree more. I think the Church should defrock her.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                            X