Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas TV

Collapse
X

Christmas TV

Today we watched the Christmas episode of All Creatures Great and Small. This was aired last night.
    Always a delight

We are planning to watch festive editions of Call The Midwife, Dr Who (me only for that one) Bake Off, 1% Club, Strictly and the soaps (Emmerdale , Corrie and Eastenders)

What will you be watching?
    I struggled to find anything to watch on Christmas Eve. We will watch something we have recorded, or have a festive game of Skip Bo
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

I record the soaps and Call the Midwife. Like to watch them in peace.
    Haven't looked at the tv guide yet,but i've heard a lot say Christmas tv is rubbish this year.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

It usually is Nan2!
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I didn’t know All Creatures …….was on last evening. I must have a look in the new Radio Times and set up some recordings
        What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

It was a lovely episode Plant.

Comment

Half of the family are arriving on Christmas Eve afternoon, so watching tv is unlikely for us. OH will record Corrie and East Enders. I'll watch Call the Midwife on catch up, plus any other programmes that appeal. I'll watch the All Creatures episode as well.

I like to watch the Carols from Kings on Christmas Eve. That exquisite solo voice starting "Once in Royal David's City" always sends shivers down my spine. If I'm not peeling potatoes, I'll sit down with a sherry and watch, otherwise it will be on the TV in the kitchen.
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

We record everything Daisy. Then we can watch them to suit ourselves.

I love the Carols from King's too.

Comment

Gem, my problem is that OH records so many programmes that I never get a chance to watch anything I've recorded, so I tend to watch online.
                "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

We have the same taste of TV programmes Daisy. I must put some on record as I will be next door.
                  What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

I loved All creatures , I watched the making of the Christmas edition where The Yorkshire vet was on site ,
                    It was recorded in July a very hot day but they all had to be wrapped up as though it was winter 😁

I don’t watch any soaps or reality Tv or the likes of strictly , I will watch call the Midwives, The Christmas edition of Ghost ,
                    DR Who and a few others otherwise films if there’s any worth watching .
                    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Oma we have recorded that Yorkshire vet one but not seen it yet

Comment

A lot of recording going on here too as DS’s like different viewing to me. Mind you I get to see things I wouldn’t normally choose and am sometimes pleasantly surprised!

Comment

Oma, my DS1 and DIL recently visited West Horsley Place, better known as Button House, and said it was very interesting.

This afternoon we watched Brief Encounter! I had realised I had never actually sat and watched it through from beginning to end - but I have now! I started watching North by Northwest as well. I had seen it as a teenager in the cinema and had lost the plot, so to speak. I still didn't really get it, so took Eva out for a walk. It was still on when I got back and somehow or other I got the hang of it. I think.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy there are often films like that which we 'know' and think we have seen but in fact have never watched completely!

Comment

Gem, that's reassuring. I thought it was just me.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                              X