sending love

to dear Daisy and her family
See more
See less

Another Theatre trip!

Collapse
X

Another Theatre trip!

OH and I are going to see The King and I, at Leeds Grand Theatre.
    We are going on Wednesday. I booked several months ago, this before I had my knee operation booked. As it will be 6 weeks after the surgery I hope I will be able to do it. The hard parts will be the car journeys there and back and not being able to stretch my leg out straight for a long time. I will get up and walk around in the interval.
    Apart from those concerns I am really looking forward to it
    Helen George (Trixie from Call The Midwife) is playing the part of Anna.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Oh you will love it ,
    We saw the theatre production many years ago ,
    can’t remember who was in it now but I remember it was magical .
    The children were adorable
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Gem, I'm sure it would be lovely. Perhaps you could do with an aisle seat if it's not sold out.

I saw the 1950s film with Deborah Kerr and Yul Brynner. Showing my age, for sure, but I thought it was magical.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I have seen the 1950’s version not long ago. It was still appealing
        What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Our seats are on the aisle so I should be OK. Before lockdown I went with friends to see a live streaming to cinema of this from the West End

It holds a place in my heart as aged 8 DD2 played the second youngest of the children, at the Theatre Royal for 2 weeks. I will dig out a photo!
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

We saw the Lion King in London many years ago. In fact it was the year 2000.
            Both of us enjoyed it.
            Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Plant, I agree, it's timeless, isn't it.

Gem, I think live streamings in general are great - the atmosphere seems to transfer from the stage to the cinema.

Nanto, I haven't seem the Lion King, but I remember on a backstage tour of our largest local theatre, the guide explained how complex and huge the stage effects and scenery are for the West End production.
              "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Hubby was amazed Daisy. He said there was nothing that the stage couldn't do.
                Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I am not keen on musicals but loved The Lion King.

Comment

We saw the Lion King in the West End several years ago and loved it

I am a fan of musicals generally

Comment

Originally posted by Nanto2girls View Post
                      Hubby was amazed Daisy. He said there was nothing that the stage couldn't do.
                      Nanto, at our local theatre they had to take two bricks out of a wall to get one stage set in! I think the guide said the production used 9 pantechnicons to transport everything!

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

We were on a cruise a few years ago when the guest stars were the cast of Lion king ,
                        My god the voice of the man singing Circle of life was heart pounding , so strong and powerful like a lions roar .
                        Everyone was on their feet applauding
                        The costumes were so colourful .
                        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

We enjoyed last night very much. Leeds Grand is a lovely theatre, we were saying we should go more often.
                          Although I know the plot well I always hope the young lovers will both survive and the King won't die

The car park was a 3 minute walk (maybe a bit longer for me atm!) and the theatre has a lift to the Dress Circle where we were sitting. Just 4 steps down to row D, which with my stick I managed easily. So no problems.
                          As I mentioned in chat, I was happy that I managed to sit through the performance without much pain. I would have been moving about a lot with my 'old' knee.

To come down (and go back up) a slope into to the multi storey car park was a bit challenging, but I did it. The walk to the theatre was all flat and I took one stick.

Comment

Gem, not only did you have a great time watching the show in a lovely theatre, but you also managed several obstacles on your new knee. A good outing! xx

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I am going with the NTrust group to see Annie on Wed. Craig Revel Horwood is playing the lead since the death of Paul O Grady.
                              What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Working...
                              X