sending love

to dear Daisy and her family
See more
See less

Pop star crushes

Collapse
X

Pop star crushes

We have been talking about Elton John recently after his farewell tour and fantastic Glastonbury concert.
    Although I have been a big fan of Elton since my early 20's, I never had a crush on him. I discovered him too late for that. I remember some girls in my class did when we were at grammar school!

That made me think about groups or singers we had crushes on in our youth.
    Who were yours (if you had them) ?

My main ones were The Monkees. I loved them especially Davey Jones! I had all the LPs, posters on my bedroom wall and watched the TV programme avidly. I also had a bit of a crush on David Cassidy.

There were many others I liked and still like, but no more crushes.

When my mum had become forgetful towards the end of her life I asked her if she remembered my Monkees pillow. She didn't but was very happy when I told her about it and how happy it had made me
    Aged about 13 I came home from school one day to find the names of the four Monkees embroidered, one in each corner of my pillow case. It meant the word to me at that time.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

I had a crush on all four of the Beatles.
    Couldn't pick one of them,so i settled for all four.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I don't remember having a crush on any one pop star. I was a young teen in the 50s, just at the start of rock'n'roll and I adored the music but didn't have any crushes on the singers. I did have a crush on Dirk Bogarde after seeing him in A Tale of Two Cities though!

Nanto, that sounds like the perfect solution.

Gem, I remember thinking it was a pity David Cassidy hadn't been born 10 years earlier!
      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Bizarrely I also had quite a big crush on Oliver Reed for several years!
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gem, was it his 'bad boy' image?
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

That and his big blue eyes I think!
            Mum was horrified that I had a crush on him

Comment

Your poor Mum, she must have been worried!

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

She needn't have I only went out with kind and gentle men in the end.
                ​​​​​

Comment

I never had a crush as such but I did like Elvis and of course Freddy Mercury,
                  I quite liked Frankie Valley
                  Oh and I did drool over Errol Brown from Hot Chocolate , if any crush was to be had it would have been him 😁 swoon ❤️
                  Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

James Dean for me.
                    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Working...
                    X