sending love

to dear Daisy and her family
See more
See less

Autumn TV

Collapse
X

Autumn TV

What are you watching, or planning to watch this autumn?

WG mentioned Manhunt, with Martin Clunes. We have just inadvertently watched Series 1, as OH downloaded the wrong series
    That was fine though as we hadn't seen it. We will watch the current series, 2, next.
    We have watched the first episodes of Bake Off and Strictly this week.
    I am watching Vigil, which I started to watch when OH was away on a golf weekend.
    We have yet to watch Help, set in the first year of the pandemic, but have downloaded it.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

To be honest I haven't watched much TV I cant find anything that interests me ,
    B has watched Vigil ,
    I did want to watch Help but im afraid it will make me upset with my Brother dying ,

I don't watch Strictly or any of those programmes along with soaps , I haven't fancied Bake off this time around either .
    I am in a bit of a slump with TV at the moment .

Im with Daisy's OH with Martin Clunes , I either see him as Doc Martin or Men behaving badly hahaha
    I will have to have a look see what is coming up and see if I find anything I fancy
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I watched the first Manhunt series, and i'm recording the new one.
      Recorded bake off,but haven't got round to watching it yet.
      I shall continue to watch the soaps.
      never watched Strictly, the judges put me off.
      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I'm with you with the Soaps Nan2
        We watch Emmerdale, Corrie and EastEnders.
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I am not a TV person, I watch Netflix, I do watch Eastenders and I have watched Casualty for years.
          There is music quiz on a Saturday evening, a young couple presenting it, I am not sure what it is called, I do watch that now and again.

Comment

I started to watch Manhunt last night but it was not a good time to watch it just before going to bed.
            I have the radio times and choose what I am going to watch. I watch most of the evening, recordings if there is not much on. I never watch soaps. Love programmes like Silent Witness, Vera etc. Not much on tonight so I will either watch recordings or try Prime or Netflix Being on my own in the evening I have nobody to talk to.
            What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Manhunt was a bit tense last night Plant!
              Believe you can and you're halfway there.
              Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

I'm with Oma - so that's two of us not watching much tv, and being social outcasts!!! There are so many 'gritty' (ie grim) dramas, with sad story lines, violence and evil deeds and I really don't enjoy being depressed by the tv! It doesn't help that I can't follow the story lines either.

Oma - yes Martin Clunes in Men behaving badly sticks in my mind too, plus various anecdotes about his working farm and a lot of horses!
                "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I enjoy watching Richard Osman’s House of Games, Only Connect, University Challenge, Silent Witness. Saving Lives at Sea, Bake Off, The repair shop. I watch tennis, rugby and some other sports. I am looking forward to the new series of Portrait Artist of the Year. I have really been enjoying Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing, they are so funny they make me giggle. Oh Fake or Fortune is another programme I watch. Unless I am out, most or part of the evening I watch television and knit,but then I am an old lady now.

Comment

Hollington Drive

Is anyone else watching this?
                    We are enjoying it. Rachel Stirling, Diana Rigg's daughter, looks and sounds very like her mum I think!

Comment

I was pleased to see Shetland was back last night. I have enjoyed Hollington Drive.

Comment

"Handmade: Britain's Best Woodworker" starts tonight in a brand new 6-part series, billed as an artisan's answer to The Great British Bake Off.

Tonight (Thurs), Channel 4, 8 pm.

OH is out at wood turning tonight so we're going to record it to watch together later.
                        "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I have recorded Shetland to watch at the weekend when I'm on my own. My family will all have deserted me by then, but I'm looking forward to a few days of 'me time'!!!
                          Believe you can and you're halfway there.
                          Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

WeeGranny - I'm sure you're ready for some 'me' time. Enjoy Shetland with some tasty nibbles and a glass (or more) of wine. xx

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                            X