Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soap deliveries!

Collapse
X

Soap deliveries!

We we talking about babies on the soaps, and I started to count up the number of babies born in places other than the maternity hospital, some very bizzare!
    Emmerdale has the highest number. These are the ones I can think of, I'm sure I will have missed some!

On Emmerdale -
    Moira's baby Isaac, born outside at the farm, in a storm (delivered by mad murderer Emma)
    Cain's son Kyle , born in the village phone box, to his 16 year old mother.
    Belle Dingle, born in the family's stable on Christmas Eve. Her mother didn't know she was pregnant
    Megan's daughter Eliza, born in the woods
    Sarah, Debbies daughter, born in the cricket pavilion. when Debbie was 14
    Charity's son Moses, born in prison.

Coronation St -
    Rosie Webster, born in a taxi on Rosamund St
    Joseph, son of the late Katie, and Chesney, born on the set of the nativity play (this has to be the most implausible ever!!)
    13 year old Fay had her baby, Myley, which none of her family knew about, in an empty house. Fortunately the lovely and reliable Craig was on hand to get help.

Eastenders -
    Kim's daughter Pearl, born in the Minute Mart I think
    Rebecca Fowler, born on or near the staircase at home
    Another teenage character, Demi someone, also had her baby on the floor at home.

I know there must be many more. A conventional hospital delivery or planned home birth is far too tame for Soapland it seems
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

And then after a while, they seem to disappear as well. When did we last see a baby crawling round and pulling themselves up on the furniture or having a tantrum! I don't watch any of those programmes but OH does and I've never heard a toddler demanding a bikkie or a drink or anything!

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Sounds very far fetched Gemini but don't watch soaps. Why are they called soaps?
      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Plant as far as I recall soaps are so called because in America originally such programmes were sponsored by soap manufacturing companies.

Comment

When these babies get to a certain age they are sent upstairs to wash their hands and are never seen again until they become teenagers
          Talking of Soap children what would you do with Simon I know what I would do and its unprintable,but just have to remember it is only make believe.
          Keep Calm,You're Fabulous

Comment

Simon is a horror Glamma!!!
            “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Years ago when I used to watch Neighbours...or was it Summer Bay.....one of the characters had her baby without even taking her dungarees off!! 🤔😱
              "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." - Dr Seuss

Comment

i like to watch the soaps but some of the stories are just plain daft.
                Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Plant - I think Clover's right about why they're called soaps - originally soap operas - from the days when Persil washed whiter and look what they said about Omo

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It's hilarious!!!
                  "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                  X