love and deepest sympathy

to dear Daisy and her family at this time
See more
See less

Arlo!

Collapse
X

Arlo!

This little dog has been big news around where I live. We all worried and kept and eye out when he was missing and were overjoyed when he was found. He is a local doggy celebrity!

“A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Oh sweet, pleased he has been reunited with his family
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Glad he's back where he belongs.
      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I did read about that Gem.

Comment

What a happy outcome, so pleased he’s back home bless him .
          Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

This was posted on FB yesterday. Very heart-warming

Arlo Update - Big news
            Following the successful capture of Arlo on 17th August, many of Arlo's followers asked The Lost Dog Trapping Team - UK Search & Rescue Network if they could make a donation to the group, to enable us to keep on doing what we do, getting lost dogs safe
            Our mission statement always has been, and always will be, that we don't charge a penny for what we do.

Well, donate you did and a phenomenal amount was raised in the York area
            Here's what the team are going to do with the money raised;

>Replenish all the bait food used - £nothing
            >Refund the fuel on over 2000 miles travelled - £zilch
            >Pay for the sim data used on over 20 live camera feeds - £zero
            >Pay for the posters, leaflets and banners - £Nada

How your donations are actually being spent;
            Set up a brand new branch of The Lost Dog Trapping Team and call it "Team Arlo - York"
            >Purchase and deliver a brand new, remote operated trap for the local team in York which will be called "Arlo"
            >Supply brand new, live cameras for the local York volunteer team
            >Brand new mobile wifi routers with data sims
            >New Powerbanks for the routers
            >Slip leads
            >Food stocks for baiting and trapping

We will also be sending to the York team;
            A Thermal imaging camera
            Night Vision binoculars
            A Thermal drone
            24 hour support for the new, "Team Arlo" from the national team

It is you, the local community, that have enabled this with your support and donations, and we are incredibly grateful for it. We are repaying your kindness and investing money raised, back into the local community.
            Should another dog be in need of local assistance, be assured that everything is available to assist as required, as we did with Arlo
            Thank you so much, and here's to new adventures with "Team Arlo York"
            “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gem, I had read about the search for Arlo, and am so pleased he's been found. It's heart-warming to read how the generous donations will be spent on extending this amazing voluntary group's work.

We have a "dog owners group" in our area and they are brilliant at posting notices on social media about lost dogs, and also reporting dogs they see wandering or more often, running round loose. The comforting thing is that most dogs are reunited with their worried owners very quickly, bot for those who are not to lucky, teams like "Team Arlo - York" are invaluable.

I read an article a little while ago about a man who uses drones to look for lost pets, as well.
              "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
              X