Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insects

Collapse
X

Insects

Put this in pets and Animals as not sure where it would go .

For the past 3 days I have been trying to catch a huge Brown moth in my bathroom,
    Everytime I caught it to put out of the window it managed to wriggle out of my hand and disappear ,
    The bathroom is tiny so no idea how it managed to hide ,
    Anyway I finally managed to scoop it off the shower curtain while I was in the shower and release it out of the window .

B and myself were talking about it and saying we have seen very few insects this year ,

Bees, Wasps, Butterflies ( seen 1 ) Moths etc even the common fly, never seen a dragon fly/daddy long legs for years

Went to see to cats came home opened sitting room door and low and behold a dragon fly was bashing against the window.
    Let it out and commented what a coincidence that was.

My DD has a beautiful Buddleia bush in her garden and even she has seen very few butterflies .

Is it the weather do you think ? Or the environment,
    As a child I can remember seeing lots of Butterflies and Dragon flies along with huge moths bashing off the lamp bulbs on a evening.

We do have Ants on the drive.

The only insects I won’t tolerate is Spiders and Earwigs ,
    Again in short supply this year.

Im not fat just 6ft too small

Oma, today I had a "massive" hornet on my balcony!! I got a brush to get rid of it, it had gone, I hope it was just the one.

We do have a lot of butterflies as there are butterfly bushes down in the park, the same with bees, I see and hear them a lot on my flowering plants.

We also get lots of dragon flies, I have to keep my mouth closed when out on the bike as they often hit me in the face. When I was at DS2 for lunch on Monday there were quite a few in their garden.

Comment

Good grief I can hardly bear to read that description of grabbing hold of a big moth Oma
      We have seen less moths for which I am truly grateful.

We have seen a few dragonflies, next door has a pond so we wonder if that is why.

I don't think we have seen the numbers of bees and butterflies as in previous summers. We did have bees nesting in a bird box early this summer however.
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I commented a while ago how few honey bees are on the plants and generally very few butterflies, quite worrying
        What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

We have had quite a few butterflies. Just the cabbage white ones.
          Had a couple of dragon flies/crane flies, not sure which.
          Not seen many bees or flies.
          When we were in the the garden this afternoon having a cuppa,a moth flew out of the shed.
          Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Working...
          X