Tea and tea bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea and tea bags

I think tea is still (just about) our national tipple, although coffee is getting more and more popular.

I'm sure a certain very well-known brand of tea bags has just given its customers a shove off to the coffee camp though by changing their brew.

They used to have little pyramid shaped bags and a good well-flavoured blend of tea in them. Now it's all change and the new brew is, to my mind, dreadful. To add insult to injury, the tea bags themselves come in twos and are so flimsy you have to separate them really carefully or they split, or they split while they're brewing.

I've changed brands.
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

My tea bags are square and joined in two’s and just like yours than can easily split the bag when separating them.
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

I think we should arrange a ‘stop meddling with our tea bags’ campaign. I bet it would get a huge response from far and wide!
      Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
      Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

It’s a pain when you try to separate those bags , Im sure they were bigger and stronger at one time ,

I buy Johnson’s they come in different flavours , regular , special blend , Irish blend , but I can only get the Irish blend in Tesco for some reason
        Every time we go to Tesco I buy a couple of Pks of Irish blend 😁

Didnt they used to have proper perforations down the middle so you could separate them easy or am I imagining that ,
        Come to think about it Daisy I haven’t seen the pyramid ones for a long time .

The other kind I don’t like is when they come with the little cardboard tag your supposed to be able to dunk the tea bag with ,
        It either comes off or falls into the hot tea😳
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I only drink Earl Grey at home, occasionally peppermint or fruit. OH drinks 'builders tea' though so we buy that as well.

My Twinings EG are joined in pairs and that annoys me too!
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

We buy Yorkshire tea. They come in pairs. We only have a drop of milk in our tea.
            Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I buy Yorkshire tea, perhaps I should drop them a line about the perforation's.

Comment

After the frustrations I listed in the OP, we switched from PG Tips to Yorkshire. Yorkshire tea drinkers - I promise you their bags are 100% better than the new flat PG Tips ones. You only have to look at them and they disintegrate!!

Oma, it's a while since the pyramid ones disappeared, but they were great - no separating bags, and a good brew of tea.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy I particularly appreciated the pyramid bags as there were never any mix ups with our tea. Sometimes I get ordinary tea and OH gets Earl Grey because the bags look the same!
                  We often get Yorkshire tea, but as I don't drink it i confess I just get whatever is on offer
                  “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gem, we're very old-fashioned and still use a teapot. I'd have to have two one-cup pots if we drank different teas.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I use a teapot for having tea with any or all of my DD's as we all drink Earl Grey

Comment

Tea pot, what’s that. Now I am on my own I just use a cup but I still have a brown teapot.

Comment

Plant, I like to put the milk into the cup first, and then pour the tea on to it, and I like the process of having a nice post of tea that might even deliver two cups per person or a 'top up'.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                          X