sending love

to dear Daisy and her family
See more
See less

New sewing machine

Collapse
X

New sewing machine

I’ve had a very basic sewing machine that’s I’ve been making thing on for the granddaughters.
    it was only really suitable for light duties, it complained every time I was stitching the waist bands on the dresser I made the girls.
    so decided to getting a more expensive model Janome 7025 Sewing Machine. The lady said it was a light/medium duties one, she convinced me I didn’t need the next model up to mine that was medium/heavy duties. I wished I had not listened and paid the other £50 as this one is better than my old one but it still complain a bit when doing things like waistbands.
    I have been busy having a playing using pillow cases I brought from the charity shop making newborn size, getting used to the different stitches before I pay out for material. I done my very first button hole today, couldn’t never get it to work correctly on old machine.
    Attached Files

Can’t see the pics NC! Can you not take the new machine back and complain? Tell them you are not happy with the performance. Any machine should do waistbands with no trouble unless the fabric is super thick. Had you thought about changing the needle to a different size?
    Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
    Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Nannycuddles - I don't know anything about sewing machines, but that sounds like very good advice from Grauntie. At least your buttons will have holes to go into.
      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Good advice from Grauntie. Also lovely to hear from you.
        What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

I have just seen the photo's, could be good advise though from Grauntie, you did go to purchase a stronger machine. Just read some reviews though and it should do the heavy fabrics.
          Last edited by Lizzie48; 19-10-2019, 07:29 AM.

Comment

How disappointing Nannycuddles that it isn't as you thought it would be, especially as they told you it was suitable.
            It must be lovely to be able to make clothes for your granddaughters.
            “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Sometimes its the Foot and the needle that needs changing , give it a go if no better take it back xx
              Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I'm with the 'take it back' ladies. After all it's not a cheap piece of kit. Saw your pics on Fbk. You are clever.
                "Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them....your smile, your hope, and your courage."

(Doe Zantamata.)

Comment

Thank you all for your replies, I’m going to get my friend that do dress making to come round to see if I’m not doing something quiet right. It might be im not adjusting the foot pressure or thread pressure correctly. image.jpg

Comment

I hope you find a solution NC.
                    Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
                    Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Working...
                    X