keeping daisy and her family

in our thoughts at this time xxxxxx
See more
See less

Garden produce

Collapse
X

Garden produce

Tomatoes , cucumbers and green beans are growing well, but it will be a while before we are eating any.

Likewise the apples on the tree in the back garden.
    We have had a few raspberries already and I have picked a small bowlful this morning . I love raspberries and with a few strawberries and blueberries we can enjoy them with ice cream or yogurt later.

I also picked rhubarb this morning, enough for a crumble. I have already made a large crumble from this year's crop and frozen some par cooked rhubarb as well for another time . There is a little more to come then that will be it for this year I think.
    I do like eating produce from our garden
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Our rhubarb is rampant. Hubby pulled some yesterday.
    I'm doing a pie and a crumble tomorrow.
    Tomatoes are coming on,but they need some sun,even though they are in the greenhouse.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

We called in to see our friends this afternoon who have an allotment. They said most of their crops have been attacked by slugs this year
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Only tomatoes here and they are just flowers at present! The beans didn’t germinate, everything else was eaten by slugs even though surrounded by grit! Too disappointing for words, the first beanless year I have ever had.
        Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
        Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Oh how disappointing Grauntie

I'm hoping our beans will survive. OH plants them in 2 large tubs with stakes in and a spar across the top for them to grow up. We usually have a good crop so I'm crossing my fingers.

Comment

My DDs spring onions have gone wild she has dozens of them ,
            Same with the little Tom tomatoes , her cucumbers have been a bit sparce though.
            Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I do miss our fresh vegetables, since my DH died we have turned what was his very prolific vegetable garden into an orchard. No plums this year, squirrels are eating the eating apples and the quince is loosing all its leaves. We don’t stand a chance with the two cherry trees, the birds eat them green. I have discontinued the grape vine in the greenhouse.
              What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

My grapevine is in its second year and growing well , DDs has signs of fruit but mine hasn’t so far but it looks so healthy so I’m not giving up hope yet 😁
                Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Working...
                X