in our thoughts at this time xxxxxx
See more
See less

Decorating

Collapse
X

Decorating

As I said on chat I have been decorating this morning ,
    I did the kitchen /Dinning room and maybe next week I will paint the sitting room and at some point the two bedrooms.

This will be the last time , I’ve said to B it’s getting too much we need to pay for someone else to do it now.
    I love decorating I always have but as I’m getting older it’s getting harder ,
    Just holding the roller I felt my arms and shoulders were getting more painful,

My Hairdresser’s husband does my DDs and does a really good job so next time I’m asking him to do it .

Do you still do your own decorating?
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Oma, we haven't done our own decorating for years.
    We pay our nephew to do it,he's a painter and decorator by trade. He does a really good job.
    He does a full room in one day, where we used to take a good couple of days.
    Our bedrooms all have a feature wall done with wallpaper thet hubby has done.
    He doesn't mind doing a bit of papering.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Nanto
      I have always done my own papering , B is useless at it , but now I can’t cut straight with my wobbly hands,
      We are lucky our SIL is excellent at papering, I only have one wall papered that’s the sitting room main wall.
      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Oma, I loved decorating. I have painted many a wall and lots of woodwork over the years! I have never done any wallpapering though. My mum was a keen and good decorator who left any wallpapering to my dad, so I think I have followed her!

Now I am not much use to be honest. I can't easily kneel for the low bits and I can't reach very far for the high bits and standing on a stepladder with my new knee feels weird. We, as in OH mainly, do still do our own decorating, but I think we should pay someone else. The next decorating job is our bedroom which has plain walls and actually has very little wall (due to fitted wardrobes, big window etc) That we can definitely manage ourselves. I will try to persuade OH it's time we considered help once there is a bigger task in hand though.
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Working...
        X