keeping daisy and her family

in our thoughts at this time xxxxxx
See more
See less

New coffee table

Collapse
X

New coffee table

Today, all being well we shall be buying a coffee table.
    When we moved here 13 years ago OH had a tiled topped coffee table which I was never keen on. When GS1 was born then started to walk, DD wanted rid of their coffee table. It has sharp corners and also took up a fair amount of the small living room they had then. I (slightly) preferred it to the one we had, so we had it on long term loan. We always intended to buy a new one at some point.
    The tiled table became the stand for the sandpit which finally fell apart a year or so ago.
    Every so often we browse coffee tables online or in shops. Then we go away to think about it, and 6 months pass

Last week we went back to look again and have finally decided on one we previously decided on which now is a great deal more expensive!
    We still didn't buy it however.
    Today we plan to actually do so.

Now DD1 has a bigger house (and GS is 11 and half!) she has room for the coffee table so back it will go.

Our requirements are not complicated. It has to have drawers, and an optional shelf, we don't mind about the shelf as long as it has drawers. We presently have a wicker basket under the coffee table which contains things which will go into drawers!
    The one we have chosen has 2 drawers and shelf.
    I will post a pic once we have it.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

It sounds as if you have been doing musical tables Gemini.
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Gem
      Good luck 😁
      Ours has drawers it’s surprising how much can go in them, ( junk ) a place for stuff we don’t know where to put.
      It started out with just the address book, pens, remotes stuff like that now it’s bung it in the coffee table draw😁
      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Gem, I hope today's "the day". You've waited a long time for that coffee table.

We don't have a 'main' coffee table in our living room. We took it out when Rusty and Clyde (our Yorkies) were puppies as Rusty would chase Clyde under the rail along the bottom and get stuck, as he was bigger than Clyde! It's now a table/somewhere to take shoes on and off in the hallway. We've got a small square low table by my chair and a nest of tables between the two armchairs. It means we have to move them all round when we have visitors, but mostly it's just us and it works ok.

I love the idea of a beautiful central coffee table, but on past experience the beauty of it wouldn't make up for the obstruction in the middle of the room!
        "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

We still don't have it!
          We were longer than we expected at DD1's this morning. OH cut the planks to the right size and we had cuppa with DD. Then we went to M&S to collect an online order for OH and then we went shopping at Sainsbury's . By then we were hungry for lunch and OH wanted to make start on the table top this afternoon so we didn't go to the furniture shop.

We have friends coming for lunch tomorrow, so maybe we will go on Monday afternoon
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Oh Gem, there are so many occasions when I could have written exactly the same post where plans just get swept away for one reason or another. I hope you make it to the furniture shop on Monday. xx
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Gem, hope you get your coffee table sorted on Monday.You've waited long enough.
              We don't have a coffee table,but we have a nest of 3 tables.
              Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Working...
              X