sending love

to dear Daisy and her family
See more
See less

What Tog?

Collapse
X

What Tog?

Assuming you use a duvet rather than sheets and blankets, what tog duvet do you have?

We've got a lovely cosy 13 tog one for winter and a 4 tog for summer. But we've realised that a lot of the time it isn't either summer or winter, and we've been waking up in the night too hot with the 13 tog duvet, but it's definitely not warm enough for the summer one. So we've just got a 7 tog one and have put it on the bed today.

As we were making the bed up, I was thinking how in our youth (not so long ago, surely!) we used to go to a party, sleep on the floor and think nothing of it. A sleeping bag was a luxury, with your coat rolled up for a pillow. Now we're fine-tuning the weight of our duvet.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

We are always warm in our bedroom, despite the radiator being set to low!

I don't know the tog rating, but I know it is medium not high one. Probably a 7 like yours Daisy. We keep a fleece throw at the end of the bed and on particularly cold nights we pull that over the duvet.

We have low tog duvet for summer.

I often think the same, how we happily slept on sofas etc in our youth whereas now I won't stay anywhere unless it guarantees a comfortable bed!
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

We have a 10 tog on at the minute and it’s too hot for me ,
      In the summer we tend to use a light weight fleece throw as I’m always hot in bed , (Oh that sounds a bit saucy 🤣🤣🤣)
      Even in the winter I throw the duvet off , B is always covering me up again as he says I’m like a block of ice ,
      Funnily I’m cold all day till I get in bed then I feel like the radiators are full blast and I’m sweating .
      GS is the same he lies on top of the duvet as he’s always hot.
      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I was going to buy a new slightly higher tog duvet but bought a new electric blanket instead with two controls but I only use one. My blanket is 9.4 tog, not sure what the summer one is. I was shocked to see how much the Down Duvets were.
        What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

I think the one on the bed at the moment is 13.5.
          We don't have a summer duvet, we use quilted bedspreads.
          Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Oma, you naughty girl ( always hot in bed!). But I know what you mean.

Plant, we had a feather and down duvet once, but I didn't like it much. I prefer the synthetic ones, but like a feather pillow! Do y ou leave your electric blanket on all night?

Nanto, do you have to use a top sheet with the quilted bedspreads?

Gem, when we got the caravan on of the most important things for me was how comfortable was it to sleep in. We tried using it as a double bed at first, but when you're used to a kingsize bed and you have a fairly large dog who expects to share, an ordinary double size seemed rather cramped. So now we've got Duvalays which are like sleeping bags with a memory foam mattress attached and we set the bed up as singles it's fine. In fact I sleep better in the caravan than at home!

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

We don't have "togs" here, as far as I know anyway. I have just read they are hoping to get the "togs" on duvets for children, up to now we just have summer and winter duvets and you choose the thickness. I did have a really thick one, like Oma I am a "hot" sleeper, I handed that in for the first collection for the Ukraine. At the moment I have a feather and down on the bed but the summer version, in the summer I have a very light bamboo one.

Comment

We can’t have feather because it sets Bs Asthma off so I wouldn’t know what they were like .
                Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Daisy, I could leave the electric blanket on all night on low but I just use it to warm the bed. Sometimes when I get up in the night I turn it on low for a short time. I don’t always heat both sides of the bed. When we had our caravan we did make up a double bed, that is when we bought our first duvet.

Comment

Plant, you can't beat getting into a warm bed on a cold night.

A duvet would be much easier in a caravan than sheets and blankets. There's something very soothing about sleeping in the caravan, I find, especially when the weather is doing its worst.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Yes Daisy, snug and warm.

Comment

Working...
                      X