sending love

to dear Daisy and her family
See more
See less

Vacuum Cleaners

Collapse
X

Vacuum Cleaners

Oma is looking for a new vacuum cleaner! What do you think she should choose?

I hate all vacuum cleaners! We've got a big Dyson which I find cumbersome, heavy and constantly get the lead tangled up or trip over it. I mostly use a little GTech battery one. It's light to use and easy to empty. We've got two batteries for it which means it will do the whole house if I'm ever that keen! We've also got a cylinder one for the stairs. It means you can put it at the top or bottom of the stairs and use the hose all the way up or down. It's a pet hair one and is very effective. OH mainly does the stairs and every so often he will manhandle the Dyson round the house for an extra clean. My DS2 and DIL swear by their Henry - he's almost part of the family!

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

I have a stick Dyson and it is fine for my small bungalow.
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

We ended up with a Shark anti hair wrap powered lift away corded.
      it comes apart to do stairs car etc ,

Our Dyson ball cylinder we gave to GS for his flat ,
      The Dyson stick has seen its day so that’s getting binned ,
      The vax stick like your hoover Daisy has two batteries but I find I can’t hold it it’s far to heavy for my wrist and fingers ,
      It will most likely go upstairs for the bedrooms .

The salesman plugged this one in so I could try it, it’s easy to move and fairly quiet does hard flooring as well as carpet
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I swear by my Miele, should I say this? Almost 25 years old!

Comment

Our old Shark cordless gave up on us just before Christmas.
          We had it a long time , it even coped well with our , how sadly no longer with us, cat fur.
          We now have a new Shark cordless and hopefully it will last as long as our previous one
          Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

I like my Dyson stick hoovers. Although they are not heavy,i have one upstairs and one downstairs.
            If mine packed up i would replace with like for like.
            I wouldn't have another corded vaccuum cleaner.
            Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I’ve had Dyson cordless for many many years and i will miss mine , if ihad my way I would buy another but I’m finding the arthritis n my wrist and fingers are making it difficult to hold them ,
              The vax one that B chose is a nightmare I’ve never felt anything so heavy ,
              Time will tell if this new vacuum is any better 😁
              Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Oma, it sounds like a good vacuum for your needs.
                What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Lizzie, mine is a Miele too, though not quite as old as yours! I have an old cylinder Electrolux upstairs.

Comment

I have a Shark cordless for a quick whip round dog hair suck up, this replaced a Dyson stick vac which was on it’s last legs, and I also have a Shark ordinary vac (plug in) for serious cleaning. This is my second corded Shark, much easier to use than a heavy Dyson. Both come to bits for stairs etc.
                    Last edited by Grauntie Mag; 02-01-2024, 09:01 PM.
                    Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
                    Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

It sounds as though we all have similar needs - something light to push round, no leads to trip over, quiet and effective. Not much to ask, is it!
                      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

We have a heavy Dyson which lives upstairs and I never use. We have a Dyson stick Animal (as we had multiple cats when we bought it) We had had two replacement batteries in the seven years we have had it, but it's still going strong. Light and easy to use. We would definitely get another Stick type when this gives up the ghost.
                        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Working...
                        X