sending love

to dear Daisy and her family
See more
See less

Surprise bloom!

Collapse
X

Surprise bloom!

When I was having a tidy up in the shed a few weeks ago I came across a dried up bulb in a pot of sand like compost. Rather than put it on the compost I brought it out and gave it some water. A few days later I noticed green shoots emerging. It grew bigger and bigger and then I realised it was an Amaryllis bulb that had flowered two Christmas’s ago and I just put in the shed. Sure enough eventually a beautiful double flower bloomed. Unusual at this time of year !I’ve always understood it’s tricky to get these flowers to bloom for a second year but I’ve found the answer-neglect!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

That looks lovely Clover. I have heard about neglecting them a bit,helps them flower again. Well done.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

What a lovely surprise Clover
      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

How lovely , a gorgeous colour.
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Isn't nature amazing!!?
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Well done, Clover. That looks stunning. I hope it flowers for a long time to say 'thank you' to you for rescuing it.
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I can't see the photo Clover, but, well done! I had one last year and I can't remember what I did with the bulb!!! I could have thrown it out.

Comment

Working...
              X