sending love

to dear Daisy and her family
See more
See less

Garden visitors

Collapse
X

Garden visitors

I am quite worried about the lack of visitors to my garden. I have not, I swear, seen a honey bee, loads of bumbles. I have only seen two small brown butterflies, no peacocks on the Buddleia. Is that the same for you all or am I not growing the right plants to attract them now.
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Hmm that is surprising Plant.

We haven't seen many butterflies in the garden but two have managed to come through the window recently so they must be about!

OH has noticed that none of last summer's goldfinches have returned to the feeders this year.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Just seen som honey bees on DD and Sil’s fuchsia but mainly bumbles.
      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Plant, we see mainly buff-tailed bumble bees but the garden is full of other pollinating insects and several species of butterflies, including Red Admirals on the buddleia bushes. I stop feeding the birds mid-summer until the beginning of winter, but a feeder which still has niger seeds in is popular with the goldfinches.

I did a quick count in the back garden a few days ago and there were 39 plants in flower, and most of them seem to attract plenty of insects.
        "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I wouldn't know the difference between bees.
          A few days ago hubby said there hasn't been many butterflies.
          Well the must have heard him,because we have had quite a few since.
          Mainly, the cabbage white variety. Hubby spotted a colourful one in the greenhouse a few days ago.
          Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

We were just saying the other day we hadn’t seen any bees or butterflies,
            Then when we were getting in the car yesterday two butterflies flew past us and when we went to DD she had lots of honey bees and bumblers on her plants out of the front ,
            She grows wild flowers in her front boarder so that may be why .
            To be honest we haven’t even seen any wasps either .
            Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Working...
            X