keeping daisy and her family

in our thoughts at this time xxxxxx
See more
See less

Garden Ornaments

Collapse
X

Garden Ornaments

After seeing Nanto's very elegant Lady statue and her cute otter I was wondering if anyone else has ornaments in their garden, and do they have any special meaning for you?

I've got a goose, which I've had for about 30 years. He stands guard but has a slightly humorous expression about him.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Well as my boarders are very small and so is the garden I don’t have any but I would love a little water feature even if we could squeeze it in the corner by the patio doors , we might look around for one this year .
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

This is a statue the girls chose in a garden centre when they were younger, it was on offer and they fell in love with it, it has survived them playing on their bikes, trampoline etc, each winter she hibernates in the shed, if I forget to bring her up again and one of them are here they will ask where she is!!!
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Love the garden ornaments Daisy and Lizzie.
        We have a few more ornaments,i'll take some photos later.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I have a cherub supporting a bird bath.
          What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

We have a garden ornament I haven't seen yet!
            I bought a stone bird bath for OH's birthday next week and had it delivered next door. It's heavy! I cant stand the ramshackle combination of plastic upturned pots etc she stands the bird bath dish bit on any longer. This is a lovely one and if its not quite as tall as the current arrangement she can stand it on a slab or something.

I have couple of fairy statues I have had years and love. They are small though. I would like something bigger. We have a stone cat which mum bought me many years ago. We had it on our patio until OH fell over it and broke her wrist. The poor thing was consigned to the back of the flower bed from then on! I may dig it out, repaint it and put it somewhere safe but in view.

“A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

A few years ago when one of our previous nextdoor neighbour was taken poorly, we used to do his front garden for him.
              When he died,hid daughter said take anything you want from the garde. We took a teddy bear and an owl.
              Not perfect photos,i've had to resize them to fit on here.

teddy bear (2).jpg owl (2).jpg

Comment

We have a headless lady, now sprayed gold. She was buried in the rockery that was at the bottom of the garden. We didn’t find her head! We also found a little collie dog ornament in the shed. In view of our new rescue collie I think it was meant to be. 😁
                I have a few items made by my pal (a potter) who now sits on a cloud. They mean the most to me.
                Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
                Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

We have a Buddha, a metal Cockerell, hen and duck , a stone kitten in a boot, a hedgehog, frog and tortoise. ( The hedgehog, frog and tortoise aren't in the boot) Also a Robin on a log and not forgetting a solar water feature.
                  We also have a garden clock on the wall and on the shed wall is a bee hotel and and some metal ladybirds.
                  I have to say that apart from the Buddha and kitten in the boot , which I brought everything else has been brought by OH and I dread letting him loose in the garden centre.
                  Oh, I forgot about the metal garden fork with a Robin sitting on the handle that he also brought!
                  Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Your OH likes his garden statues then Mimi? Our garden wall clock has died. We went to big garden centre yesterday and forgot to look for a new one!
                    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I love hearing all about your garden inhabitants - what an interesting collection we all have.

I totally forgot about Claude and Boris (Boris predates an ex-Prime Minister by several decades). They stand guard at our patio doors and make sure they don't blow to in the wind. I must take photos of them. We've also got several bird baths, none of them level, and a little squirrel which came with a bird bath but lives on the front door step.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Reviving this thread as there has been garden ornament discussion on Chat
                        The birdbath mentioned here last year was success and looks lovely in our garden.

I really want some sort of lady statue. Any of any height we have seen are mega expensive, so I think it will be smaller!
                        We are planning to have look at some places.

When I was a little girl my friends a few doors down had a lovely tiered garden. On either side of the few steps down to the lawn was a lady statue, maybe 12 to 18 inches tall. . Probably Roman Goddess type. We (myself and the two little girls whose house it was) loved these statues. We named them and wove our stories and games around them. I think this is why I want one so much!

Comment

I will have to take some photos of ours.

Comment

Working...
                          X