sending love

to dear Daisy and her family
See more
See less

Cling film.

Collapse
X

Cling film.

Following on from Daisy's post about wet wipes.

Do you use cling film?
    I use it a lot, especially for freezing things.
    My fear is one day they will stop making it, so i am well and truly stocked up with it.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

I do use it Nan2 but use the non PVC film
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Yes we use it for covering stuff , I use the Bacofoil make , a few month ago it was hard to find so I always have a good stock in .
      I use my Vacuum sealer for freezer stuff .
      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I bought a vacuum sealer last year,but i gave it GD1 when she asked if she could borrow it.

Comment

I use clingfilm, but haven't been able to get the Bacofoil cling film refills lately, the ones that fit a plastic box where you just tap the lip down to cut the film. I've now got the non-PVC film, but I find it doesn't cling very well. I've just bought some of those stretchy plastic covers but haven't tried them yet. They're washable and reusable.

Nanto, if I'm freezing things like cakes I use baking parchment (what I used to call greaseproof paper!) and a freezer bag which can be reused. I often dread running out of certain items, but when I think about it, they are comparatively recent inventions and my mother's generation managed very well without them.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy, i was only thinking yesterday about how we managed without them.
            But, i didn't have as much freezer space back then, and i didn't freeze much.
            I also use press and seal, but up to now i have only been able to get it from Amazon.
            It's a bit pricey but i think its good stuff.

Comment

Nanto, I haven't heard of Press and Seal. Is it good?
              "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I saw this the first time we went to America. I had never seen it before.
                I thought it looked good,so i bought 1 roll to bring home.
                Whenever we have gone to America since,i've brought some home.
                Never seen it in shops here,so i get it from Amazon.
                It's a bit pricey, but its good,well i think it is.

Comment

I used to use a lot of cling film but now one box lasts almost a year because I invested in lock and seal plastic containers .
                  I brought a huge assortment of sizes from eBay at a bargain price . I use them regularly as from putting opened coleslaw in, grated cheese ( I always grate too much) to left over cottage pie, stew etc .
                  I admit that they are rather bulky compared to cling film or vacumn bags but they are reusable so saving money in the long run and less rubbish going to landfill.
                  Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Mimi, a bit like you do, we use plastic lidded boxes, but the kind you get free with a takeaway!
                    We have a huge stack of these. Opened cat food pouches, half an onion, opened packets of feta, and more are stored in these in the fridge. They are used for leftovers in the freezer too.
                    Many uses, and it saves them from going to landfill.
                    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I do use some plastic boxes,but not so much in the freezer.
                      They take up a lot of space.

Comment

Yes they do take up more space Nan2.

Comment

We use the takeaway containers to put veg etc in for MIL when we make her meals ,
                          I have several lock and seal boxes I use for all sorts , one large square box we use for a Biscuit box ,
                          We have tall round lock and seal we use as Tea ,Coffee,Sugar canisters ,

Daisy that’s the sort of cling film I use but it’s getting difficult to find the refill rolls ,

my Vacuum bags I can wash and re use , once vacuumed, things like cooked meat etc lasts in the fridge for weeks ,

I buy things like 16 sausages in a pack separate them into usable sizes and vacuum , never get any freezer burns on meat , chicken mince etc as all the air is pulled out and the bags are thick.

I persuaded Tizzy to buy one ,she loved it used it for everything bless her x

Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

We have tall lock and seal for spaghetti, square ones for dried pasta, rice , cream crackers
                            We have a white ceramic biscuit barrel I brought from Boots about 1983 , it's survived 3 children, 4 grandchildren and 3 house moves. It's still going strong and looks like new .
                            Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

It's vintage now Mimi!

Comment

Working...
                              X