sending love

to dear Daisy and her family
See more
See less

New Carpets

Collapse
X

New Carpets

As I've mentioned in "What are you doing..." we've ordered new carpets for the stairs, landing and 3 bedrooms. It's taken several years to come to this decision partly because OH realised better than I did what an upheaval it would be! The smallest bedroom is OH's study (or playroom) and is crammed with 'stuff'.

Earlier in our lives we moved about every 18 months to 2 years so we tended to weed out stuff we no longer wanted/needed, but we've been in this house for almost 30 years - and it shows! We've decided when you find something you don't recognise or have totally forgotten you own, it's time to say bye bye to it. So, books, toys, CDs, some pictures, even baby equipment (our youngest GC is nearly 9) have all gone. Shoes are next - I've got a lot of shoes I've worn once and know I'll never wear again. And no doubt we will find other 'treasures' we can live without. We've moved everything out of two rooms, where the carpet fitters will start on Wednesday.

We've both been busy with dusters and polish - I had to get a new tin this week! I think I've persuaded OH to have new curtains in his playroom, and I'll get new curtains for one of the other rooms as well.

The playroom is going to get a much needed lick of paint . There isn't time to do more because it will have to dry thoroughly before the carpet fitters arrive on Wednesday. (That's our excuse, anyway.)

I can't wait to see it all done and fresh and tidy, plus that new carpet smell!
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Daisy,it will all look lovely when its done.
    The upheavel will be worth it.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I love the new carpet smell, and the feel of new carpet under bare feet! We had our stairs and upstairs landing done 3 years ago and are still very happy with our 'new' carpet!

It WILL be worth it Daisy, but what a lot of work for you both .
      Pictures would be nice when it's all finished
      ​​​​​​
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Oh the smell of new carpets mmm,
        when SIL comes to pick the dog up I often get a whiff of new carpets when he opens the van doors I love it .

It will certainly look lovely when everything is back and tidy and be worth all the upheaval ,
        Plus you had the added bonus of getting rid of stuff ,

A couple weeks ago we got rid of everything in the loft apart from Christmas decks and tree
        I was ruthless everything went .

Eva won’t know where to sniff first she will have a wonderful time all those new carpets to explore😁
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Gem, yes I'll post pics when everything is done. I should have done "befores" but didn't think about it until now.
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
          X