sending love

to dear Daisy and her family
See more
See less

Patio doors

Collapse
X

Patio doors

Yesterday, I couldn’t get my patio door from the sitting room to open, it has been playing up for a bit. Sil managed to force it open but then we couldn’t shut it, not good to have to leave it open so he managed to shut it again but I couldn’t use it to get outside. I then remembered I had patio doors from my bedroom into the garden, they hadn’t been open for years. I opened them to get into the garden and my sunroom but then had a job to shut them again so they are both staying shut. I had a number from a friend to contact a double glazing person as I had a couple of blown ones so I rang him early this morning and he is going to pop in after work. I don’t think he will be able to do anything today so I will have to use the kitchen door to access the garden. There is always something to worry about.
    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Sound like more expense Plant
    Our Patio doors can sometimes stick but nothing to complain about really
    Having both sets like yours play up though plant must be a pain , just as well you have the back door .
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I'm glad you could get through the kitchen door plant. I hope the man can sort the problem out.
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Its a good job you have the back door,or you would have been trapped.
        Touch wood,we've never had a problem with ours.
        Shouldn't have said that should i.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Plant, my patio doors all decided to stick before I moved. I was advised to try WD 40 silicone gel on the runners and I have to say it did work! Certainly enabled them to slide when we had any viewings! Maybe worth a try, at least it might help get them able to slide before you get new ones!
          Believe you can and you're halfway there.
          Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

The man came about half an hour ago and spent some time sorting the sitting room door, the bedroom one wasn’t as bad. Mine are casement doors WG. He said they need servicing occasionally. He was very experienced and I was pleased he was recommended to me. The SR one had dropped, it took him a time to sort that lock out. He also fixed a window. I have one or two blown windows but they are not showing up atm, something to do with the temp. He will come back and sort those later in the year, in the meantime I have to mark them. Now I am £60 the poorer.
            What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Sorry Plant, I just assumed they were sliding doors! At least you can get in and out now even if your purse is a bit lighter!
              Believe you can and you're halfway there.
              Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

Plant - I never knew windows etc need servicing until DS2 has their replaced and the man who installed them said they all need servicing every so often, but most people don't seem to know. Ours are now over 10 years old and out of guarantee but we had the serviced just before the guarantee expired. But I notice a couple of them are sticking a bit - another job to add to the list.
                "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I knew nothing about window servicing!
                  “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gem - we live and learn.
                    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                    X