Collapse

sending love

to dear Daisy and her family
See more
See less

Goodbye decking hello new patio!

Collapse
X

I have managed to delay this by over a year, but the time has come, OH wants her new patio!

As a friend said to me the other day, I will be glad next summer when we are entertaining on a smart new patio!!

They are due to start on Monday. This afternoon we have moved everything off the patio apart from the sandpit and table it stands on. That may be too heavy and unwieldy for us so we might have to ask for their help. We planned to move things tomorrow, but as it was a fine afternoon (it is now raining) we decided to get on with it.

I will post before and after pictures.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I'm hoping for a new patio next year Gem! waiting for a quote from a recommended garden company who will also sort out borders etc. The decking which is down is an eyesore as well as being dangerous with some of the planks not level.

Are you replacing it with slabs? If so, what kind are you getting? Porcelain ones seem to be very popular round here, but I'm worried they might be slippery in the wet.
      Believe you can and you're halfway there.
      Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

Oh, Gem, and you, too, WeeGranny, I hope you have better luck with your new patio than we did. It was months and months of problems. Fingers crossed for you, and yes, you will be delighted next summer when you have somewhere nice to sit and enjoy your gardens.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I'm not looking forward to having it done Daisy! However, these people did our friend's patio earlier this year, so were recommended. He says it should be done in 4 days, so fingers crossed.
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Four days would be wonderful, Gem.
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Gem, hope the weather plays ball and the patio gets done.
              Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Gem, don't forget to take 'before' and 'during' photos, as well as the finished patio.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Day 1 went well.
                  They, 3 men, were here before 8.30. They have removed and taken away all the pavings slabs, and cut out and removed the turf where we want the patio extended.
                  It was fine bright morning, ideal conditions.
                  They have gone now and will be back at 8am tomorrow.

Comment

Gem, a good start. You should see even more progress tomorrow and once they've got the levels sorted and the paving goes down it seems to happen quite quickly.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Gem, I hope it stays dry for the men this week, you will both be pleased when it is finished. It does mean early mornings for you though!

Comment

Lizzie we have been so lucky so far. Dry and quite warm both days . They were here all day today. They have done a lot.

Comment

Gem, that's great. You'll soon be taking photos of your new patio.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

The men were rained off after a few hours yesterday, and a late start today, due to more rain.
                            They are getting on well now and are at present laying the slabs at the edge of the drive at the front to replace the cracked and loose ones.
                            I'm pretty sure they will finish today.
                            OH took before photos and we will take after ones.

Comment

Gem, they've done really well to get it finished. I look forward to seeing the photos. Are you pleased with it?

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                              X