Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colours

Collapse
X

Colours

I was watching TV earlier and there was a piece about red being the in colour at the moment.
    Lots of red dresses were modeled, some very nice.

I do not like red for clothes for myself. I never buy anything red. I have a red beret, that is the exception! When I first started my job in the creche we had to wear a red sweatshirt which I hated. Eventually our uniform changed to navy which I much preferred.

What colours do you like and dislike for clothes?

I dislike red, yellow, brown and lime green. I love blue and have to make an effort to not have a totally blue wardrobe

“A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

I don't like yellow,only in daffodils. I don't like any shade of green.

Love grey and beige for clothes. Only got a few items in blue and a few in red, although i do like red.

Black is another favourite of mine,sometimes hubby thinks i wear too much black.

Also like pink and cream.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Like Nanto I am a fan of black!! I do have colours, I wear blue as well, I don't mind red in small doses. I have a "petrol" coloured jacket and get a lot of nice comments on the colour. I am not a bright coloured fan, when DIL2 first arrived in the family she thought I could do with some colour! We went into town together and bought some, bright, green linen, I made a trouser suit at the time, I wore it to a Mothers day lunch and never again!

I have just purchased a long coat, beige/tan, I can brighten that up with scarfs.

Comment

I think the only colour to wear I’m not keen on is Mustard,
        I have a nice red top I feel good in , I used to only wear Black but as I’ve gotten older I’m more into colours ,
        I really like wearing white. I always feel fresh and clean in white.

Lizzie
        Back in the 70 s I had a trouser suit in Petrol blue it was a long jacket with trousers , I loved it
        Mind you I was a tiny size 10 then ,
        I also had a Brown corduroy trouser suit , it had a wasp waist jacket trousers and waistcoat ,
        I thought I was the bees knees in it 😁
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I wear a lot of black too, especially in winter.
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I love blue, purple, red, pink if it's not too pale, aqua, grey. I like yellow as long as it's a pale lemon. I'm choosy about shades of green as well. I don't wear black often - I used to when I was working, and don't wear any shade of brown or orange or that bright lime green.

Do you remember years ago when people were having their colours "done"? It was easy enough to do it for yourself and a friend and I did ours. It was interesting because it explained why I might buy something I liked, but never quite felt it was 'right' - and it was always down to being the wrong colour.
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
            X