Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dilemma

Collapse
X

Dilemma

I have always had naturally dark hair, and have coloured it with red tints over the years, but now just a brown colour.

Dark hair to grey as well all know is much more of contrast and a bigger step then blond to grey which looks more similar!

I have been lightening the colour gradually to lesson the difference when I do ditch the colour and go grey. I just don't feel ready yet and hate the look and feel of my hair when the greys start to appear again.

However, my DD1, 21 years my junior had decided to go grey. Her hairdresser is adjusting the colouring to gradually let it go totally grey.
    In my opinion it looks AWFUL. I would never say to so my DD of course but it doesn't flatter her. She is still in her 40's and it ages her.

It is her choice though and nothing to do with me.
    Except in a way it is. How can I have dark hair if my DD has grey?? My DD3 says of course I can, but it feels a bit strange I have to say. I don't want to be pushed into something I am not ready for because of my DD, but neither do I want to look like mutton dressed as lamb sort of thing!
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Gem I tried to go grey but it just wasn’t me , my sister who was fair headed didn’t have a problem going grey it was just a progression but I couldn’t get used to it plus it was only going white at the front and on top so looked odd .
    As you know my DD has really black hair and can you remember when she had it dyed Grey ,
    I hated it it just didn’t suit her she was too young , thankfully she’s dark again .

I think it’s fine you staying Dark , it’s what makes you feel good , maybe after a while your DD will decide grey isn’t for her after all .

I must add though if my hair had gone a nice Silver grey all over I wouldn’t have minded it’s the patchy grey bits I didn’t like 😁
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I agree Oma. Daisy's looks lovely but mine would look like an old witches hair
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I have been grey for years, my father was white at 30 years old! I know quite a few younger women in their 40's that are grey and it suits them.

Comment

Gem, I'm blushing, but thank you. x

My hair was dark brown, but I've got fair skin, and I think that makes a difference. Perhaps it's harder if you've got the sort of skin that tans well. I remember the hairdresser commenting on my grey hairs when I was all of 18! I coloured it from time to time, more for a change than to cover the grey, but with being so dark it didn't make much difference. At some point in my 30s it was mostly grey and a lot of people commented and asked if it was natural!!

But honestly, Gem, I don't see any problem with your DD having grey hair and yours being dark. As Oma says, your DD might change her mind anyway. The colour yours is now suits you beautifully - keep on colouring.

Lizzie, my dad went grey young as well - it must run in our family!
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Being a redhead, I am now pepper and salt.
            What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Plant, your pepper and salt suits you fine.

My DD1 is a red head and in her mid-50s is starting to go a little grey. She occasionally gets it coloured with pale highlights which all blend in really nicely - the overall effect is just a bit lighter in colour than her original shade.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I think Plants hair suits her too.

Comment

Mine is silvery grey, i thinkit is anyway.Originally it was what gets called mousey.
                  Over the years i used to colour it blonde.
                  A few years ago i decide to let nature take it course. I do like my hair colour though.
                  My answer to your dilemma,would be, you both have the colour you want.
                  Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Wise words, Nanto.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                    X