Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clothing

Collapse
X

Clothing

On the other thread we were talking about Trousers to fit etc

Daisy was saying about cardigan sleeves being too long ,
    I have short arms and legs being a midget that I only have a 25/27 inside leg depending on the shop I buy trousers from .

Like Daisy I find cardigans and long sleeved tops even coats the sleeves are way too long ,
    Another problem is dresses , what I would need to cut off the bottom could make another garment .
    Everything is made for very tall women .

Bon Marche do a decent length dress but sometimes the style isn’t great ,
    I tried one on last week very pretty but the V cross over neckline came down to my navel , one wrong move and the ladies would have been on display .

Also the colours have been so drab lately .
    I don’t like frills or high neck lines so I’m probably too fussy but surely I’m not the only one that finds it difficult to find anything .

Its ok if your between the ages of 16-30 but for older ladies it’s a nightmare and god forbid your over a size 14 ,
    They think anyone over a size 14 want to live in shapeless sacks

Im not fat just 6ft too small

I never buy skirts or dressess from Bon Marche,they are always way too long for me.
    M&S is popular with a lot of ladies but,(not wishing to offend anyone) 90% of their clothing looks drab to me.
    Cardigans, i sometimes have to turn the sleeves back.

Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I buy my trousers from Cotswold Collections, they come in the right size and leg length and the winter trousers have a half lining in the legs. I need a high rise trouser.
      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

I have always had the other problem, everything was too short! I still have long arms, I can walk along a rack of jumper, coat s, etc and see which sleeves are long enough for me. Since I lost a few inches in height my legs are not as long as they were, I do need 32inch length jeans though.

Comment

I find dresses a nightmare to fit. They are always too big on the shoulders and the bust darts tend to be somewhere round my hips. As for colours - I like mostly bright colours that make me feel happy, but like Oma says most colours are drab. Those that are bright are lime green, orange or a dreadful sort of neon yellow, and I look ill in any of those shades!

It's good when you find somewhere you can get clothes to fit. I find Land's End is the best bet for me and I rarely have to send anything back to them. I sometimes find useful casual stuff at Mountain Warehouse although their sizes are small and I have to get a larger size.

Plant, half lined winter trousers are a great idea, and I bet they look smart too.
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Interesting topic Oma.
            I will be posting here
            “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Working...
            X