A conundrum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A conundrum!

In the pool changing rooms at the leisure centre there are signs saying use the lockers at your own risk as the changing rooms are unstaffed, and advising users not to bring anything valuable with them. Sensible advice, although I have never heard of any problems.

However, the cafe at the centre ONLY takes card payments, even if you want one coffee! So, we have to have our debit or credit card with us, if we want to use the cafe afterwards, which at least half the class do I would say. I can't really tuck it into my swimsuit
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Gem, it is the same here at the gym, nothing is safe!

Comment

Never thought about that Gem , it’s a bit of a problem .
      Can you buy waterproof lanyards maybe and you can pop it down the front of your suit ,or something that’s waterproof you can attach to your swimsuit?

Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I was thinking maybe you could get something waterproof to put your card in.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

That's a good suggestion ladies.

I've not been aware of any problems in the changing rooms at the leisure centre thank goodness, but it just seems ridiculous to advise us not to bring anything valuable, when the cafe is cashless!
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I was thinking Gem, at our pool we have small lockers for valuables, they are close to the pool and where the instructors etc sit so always plenty of people around.

Comment

Lizzie, yes we have lockers in the changing room, and we wear the key on our swimsuits.
              We can't see them from the pool though and neither can the lifeguards or instructors. Staff and users pass through regularly of course, but there is no one in there permanently.

Comment

Gem, these are small lockers, for keys, phone etc. The larger lockers are in the changing rooms.

Comment

Ah, those sound good Lizzie.

Comment

Working...
                  X