Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some sights.

You can tell it’s warm when you get to see some sights ,
    We went to Lidl this morning and there was a lady I would say in her 50s walking around in a pair of grey jogging bottoms and a grey bra top.

Now nothing wrong with that apart from she was a very large lady about a size 26 so large ,
    Everything was hanging out ,
    Everyone should be able to wear what they want but have some dignity,
    As she walked she swayed from side to side and everything wobbled,
    It wasn’t a pretty sight , plus a bra top I think at her age was inappropriate .

Im a big girl myself but I wouldn’t dream of going shopping dressed like that,
    Everyone was looking at her .
    In your own home and garden that’s fine but cover up when you go shopping,
    Or am I behind the times and anything goes these days ,

Im not fat just 6ft too small

Oma, you should hear my OH on this subject when we go out I do agree you see some sights!

Part it me thinks Why shouldn't they? But like you no way would I go out not decently covered , even as young girl.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I agree, everyone should be able to wear what they want, as long as it doesn't offend public decency. So in our culture that to me means women covering boobs and everyone covering intimate areas. On the other hand, there's the question of your personal dignity. I personally wouldn't want to look like the lady Oma described. I'd rather cover up. But if you're ok with everyone staring at you then, it's your choice.
      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

I am definitely a cover-up person. what a sight she must have been.
        What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Oma, we were only talking about this when we were in town this morning.
          We saw lots of large ladies in shorts, lets just say they weren't very flattering.
          Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I saw the opposite yesterday! I was waiting for my lift outside my house when a lady and her partner walked by and then back again (house next door up for sale).
            She looked as though she was in her 70s and had the legs to match, but thin. Her shorts were minuscule, ripped and held together at the sides loosely by laces. Maybe no drawers or maybe a thong, but only skin was visible. Jaw dropping. Almost put me off my dinner.

Meow
            Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
            Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Oh GM just as bad 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

I had to laugh at that GM! I often wonder if they do have mirrors, many years ago I was cycling through Delft with my sons, then very young, there were 2 couples in front of us as we saw a lady packing things in her car, she had a fantastic figure, very short shorts, long legs etc, I heard the men say " wow, look at that", as we cycled passed her we saw her face, oh dear, she had the figure but not the looks, the 2 ladies said " wow, look at that now"!!!!!

Comment

Lizzie had to laugh at that 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

I still laugh after 40+ years Oma!

Comment

Some of these comments tickled me.
                      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Working...
                      X