Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The London Marathon

We are watching this on TV.
    I'm so glad it is a lovely fine day for runners and spectators.
    There are some amazing runners and so much money raised for charities. Hats off to anyone who takes part.
    It must be a great atmosphere to be amongst the crowd.

My massage therapist is running, for Motor Neuron disease, a very deserving cause.

We haven't spotted her yet

“A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Gem, it is so amazing what people do to take part in this great event, and how much money they raise for charity. Last year when our lovely neighbour ran for the Brain Charity OH tracked her on his laptop. I think, if I remember rightly, he had a code for her. We "lost" her at one point near the end because of high buildings, but it was so exciting to follow her progress.

We organised a little party with other neighbours for when she got home - exhausted but still 'buzzing'. Congratulations to your massage therapist - even getting a place is an achievement. xx
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Congratulations to all taking part. My nieces OH have run it 4 times for Downs Syndrome support.
      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Well done to all those runners. This must be the first time we haven't watched it.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

My massage therapist did it in 3 hours 33, which is 5 minutes better than her personal best. Her husband got this pic as she passed by
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gem, massive congratulations to your massage therapist. It's an achievement in itself, but she must have been so pleased to better her personal best. My neighbour last year was aiming to improve her best time, but she broke her wrist about a month before the race! She did well to still compete and finishe we thought.
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

It passes the end of our road and is an astonishing sight. And it’s lovely to have no traffic for the best part if a day. Our only problem is knowing five people who are all running for the most excelkent causes. Even with a tenner for each one it becomes a bit pricey!

Comment

Sum1, I remember my neighbour saying the atmosphere was electric - even on the train travelling to London. There are some truly incredible people who put their all into the event. When nearly all the news is bad we need uplifting events like this.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Sum, how exciting to have the runners going past your road if a little expensive.
                  What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Working...
                  X