Useless road signs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Useless road signs.

Today coming along our highway we noticed several signs have been put up warning of crossing Deer.
    Now in the 45 years we have lived here we have yet to see a Deer crossing the road.
    We have lots of forestry around every estate and we do get a lot of dead Pheasants, rabbits , hedgehogs
    Never Deer,
    Such a waste of money , these signs can’t be cheap to produce , B said maybe they are on the wrong road 😁

I mentioned a while ago about a 20MPH sign put up that was so hidden it looked tiny and you couldn’t see it for the bushes.
    They must have had complaints as when we passed on Friday we noticed it had been mounted on a taller post and the bushes have been hacked back ,
    When I say hacked I mean hacked , they had used what looks like those hedgerow cutters on tractors that just rip the branches away , but at least it was done I suppose .
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Sneaky, having a small sign and it being obscured by the bushes.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

It was when they reduced the speed limit Nanto,
      Once it was moved it was a normal size just looked small as it was so hidden .

Comment

Oma, sometimes road signs seem to exist in isolation. We have very few deer warning signs, but lots of deer crossing the roads. One long straight road I use regularly goes from 30 (built up area) to 40 (still fairly built up) and just a couple of yards further on is a big "Slow" sign for a minor crossroads. But in the opposite direction I don't think I've ever spotted the 30 sign - it's totally obscured by trees. None of it makes sense.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

The Deer sign is so odd where it is ,
          on one side is the Nissan factory and beyond the trees on the other is housing
          Must be a reason I suppose 😁

Comment

Maybe a family of deer are planning to move into the area

A road in our village has a sign saying Police Speed Check Area. I have lived here for 13 years, OH longer. We have yet to see one police person or vehicle in that area! Or anywhere to be honest.
            “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gem you might be right 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Working...
              X