Upsetting dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upsetting dream

This morning I woke up crying and I cried all during my breakfast, all due to a Dream

I dreamt I walked into a room and there was a little boy about 18 month old jumping on a bed , he was beautiful big brown eyes,
    He was wearing a navy snow suit and hat,
    When he saw me he jumped into my arms and was hugging my neck so tight, I knew I loved this child ,
    Standing by a chest of drawers was a woman putting his clothes in a bag ,
    I said to the little boy , oh your going with your Aunty Linda ,
    She turned to me and said I don’t want him he’s going into care I’m moving to America,
    In my dream I was pleading with her not to abandon him she was all the family he had but she was just stone faced staring at me ,

In my dream I was thinking I know we can’t adopt him they won’t let us we are too old but maybe we can long term foster him , but someone who I couldn’t see was saying no you can’t.

I was heartbroken I desperately wanted this little boy and he was screaming as she was dragging him off me.

I woke then sobbing like my heart was ripped out , I couldn’t stop crying , B was shocked and the more he tried to comfort me saying it’s just a dream the more I cried,

I feel washed out and still so sad,
    No idea where it come from but it shook me up .
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Oh Oma what a distressing dream.
    I can imagine how upset and unsettled you are feeling.

Telling B and writing about it here will help I think.
    I hope you feel better soon xxxx
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Oma telling someone about it always helps but it does play on your mind
      Years ago OH had a dream that he had sold our youngest son , who was about 6 at the time.
      He was so upset for a few days It seemed so real
      Even when OH crept into DS's bedroom and could see him fast asleep in his bed didn't stop him feeling guilty.
      Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Poor OH Mimi!

When my GD was little and an only child I had a very upsetting dream. In the dream she had a baby sister, a few weeks old. I took GD and the baby in the pram to the local shops. And returned with only GD. I told my SIL and my ex who both seemed unconcerned! I was so upset wondering how to tell DD2. Then she came to me stony faced, someone had obviously told her. She said You are dead to me now. I was very upset when I woke up.
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I’m ok still feel. Bit unsettled ,
          It felt so real and the love I had for this little boy was so strong .

We tried to think of anything we had watched or heard to relate to it thinking it might of been on my mind but can’t think of anything,

Not a dream I would like again even if it did have this baby in.

Comment

A bit of a tenuous link Oma, but did you watch Call the Midwife on Sunday?
            Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
            Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

What a sad dream but remember thats all it was,a dream.
              Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Oh Oma, how upsetting. I wonder if there was something you watched on television that had planted that in your mind. I hope you feel less sad soon.
                What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

GM
                  I did watch midwives, not sure if that may have triggered this , when I dream it’s usually something I have seen or read the day before but it could have.

Plant
                  that’s what we thought but I can’t remember anything .
                  It felt so real .Im ok now but it’s layed on my mind all day .

Comment

It’s weird what our brains get up to while we’re asleep. I ‘m sorry this dream upset you so much Oma.

On a a lighter note does anyone else dream they are looking for a toilet and then find some that are totally unacceptable? When I do I then wake up needing the loo and grateful my own loo isn’t filthy dirty or has no door,😀

Comment

Oh all the time Clover , and I dream I’m walking miles looking for a toilet or I can’t open the door
                      Odd isn’t it 😁

Comment

Oma, how dreadfully upsetting. It was obviously very vivid because of the details even to what the little boy was wearing. It could have been from a much more distant memory of something you'd read or seen, perhaps in a book.

Clover, no, I've never had 'toilet dreams' like that, but I often wake up wondering what has woken me, and then it gradually dawns on me I need the loo!

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Oma, so distressing. It’s clearly an anxiety dream, but I’m wondering if it was triggered by the terrible news every night about Palestine. It’s so awful I find I can’t watch it sometimes. And I think the fact that we are all so powerless to do anything about it makes it worse.

Comment

Sum 1 I can’t watch the news most of the time it’s too horrible isn’t it xx

Comment

I agree about the news. I skim through the headlines online, but can't watch the news. There's only so much we can cope with when we feel powerless to help.
                              "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                              X