Unwanted/unused gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unwanted/unused gifts

Gem, in another thread, was saying that the surprise gift she gave her OH is unloved and unused.

I expect we've all got similar gifts - what are yours, or what have you given that was unsuccessful?

My OH gave me a big Kenwood stand mixer about 3 years ago. It sits proudly in a corner of my kitchen, unused, unloved, and I'm afraid to say, not really wanted. I know they aren't cheap, but this is huge, with a pyrex bowl I can hardly lift with 2 hands. It doesn't even function very well - cake mixes etc just get splattered to the sides and the beaters don't reach! The only success I've had with it is making Christmas cakes.

It might work better with a stainless steel bowl, but I feel I'm throwing good money after bad if I still don't get on with it.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

I'm sure there must be something! I will think.....
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Can't think of anything at the moment,but that may change.
      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

My OH was hopeless with buying presents, he always said buy something you like and I will pay for it. It was the same with flowers.
        What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Plant, at least there were no unloved presents tucked away in your house. x
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
          X