Kindness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kindness

This lady decided to do an act of kindness every day for a year. Wouldn't it be amazing if everyone would do the same.

Watch the "The woman who was kind every day for a year" video at BBC Ideas. Explore other related content via our curated "Expand your mind with Radio 4" playlist.
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

I totally agree Daisy, kindness is the most important attribute in a person in my opinion.

I think a lot of us do kind acts big or small on almost daily basis if we think about it. I do believe there are more good people who want to help others , than the awful bad and selfish ones we often hear about.
    And yes being kind to others does make us feel better
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Kindness is free so show kindness where you can , that little act of kindness from you could be a huge thing for someone else,
      I have just been reading about a lady who put a dog bed in her garden for a visiting Fox when she saw him laying under the trees in the wet ,
      He now uses it every night ,

I saw another thing where someone stole the begging cup from a homeless man ,
      he couldn’t give chase and two business men walking by opened their wallets and gave him more than he had lost
      Kindness to all living things is a blessing we can all give ,

Wouldnt the world be a nicer place if everyone thought that way
      Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Just goes to show, there is some good people in the world.
        Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Yesterday we traveled to London by train. Our journey involved two tubes, all very crowded and busy. There and back a person instantly gave me their seat. I don’t use a stick and I didn’t think I looked ancient. 😬😆. How kind. I really appreciated it. 4 acts of kindness to little old me.
          Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
          Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Grauntie, it's lovely to hear things like that in our busy, noisy, high-speed world.

When we were coming back from Birmingham in September, I was waiting on the correct platform for the train when it was announced that the train was just arriving - but on a different platform - so there was an mass rush up the stairs and down the other side. A young man very kindly offered to carry my case, and I was very grateful for his kindness. I'd have been struggling to run up the stairs with it!

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy a young lady carried my case up the stairs for me in Birmingham! If you remember is was a week or 2 before my knee op and I was really struggling with the case. I was so grateful to her
              “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gem, that was kind of her, and it's the sort of thing you remember because it was out of the blue, but just what you needed at the time.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                X