My OH's Car Building Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My OH's Car Building Adventure

Oma mentioned that Mr O would like to see some pictures of the car which I've mentioned from time to time. I have to say, it is making progress but sometimes very small amounts of work seem to take the longest time. The wiring and the wing mirrors are good examples. There are rules and regulation about where the mirrors can be fixed outside the car - none of which would enable the driver to see them.

The interior will be black/dark grey seats with red leather upholstery inside the doors. The outside will probably stay white and aluminium, keeping options open to spray paint it in the future. There are 4 photos if you click through!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

It’s looking good , keeps him busy anyway 😁
    B thinks it’s great 👍
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

That looks great Daisy, one clever OH! Plus friends!

Comment

I bet it will be fabulous when finished
        How nice to have an ongoing project that he enjoys.
        “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

That looks very impressive Daisy
          What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

The car is looking good Daisy.
            Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

That’s a mean machine Daisy. It’s going to be a real head turner. What will he do about the wing mirror situation?
              Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
              Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Grauntie, he's ended up with conventional (for the era) shaped wing mirrors but on much longer arms so they can be seen through the door windows. A bit like the extended mirrors you use when towing a caravan.

Oma, tell B "thanks" from J.

It will look nice when it;s finished. Most people think it's a Morgan (we wish!) but technically it's a rebodied Cortina, a Mk 3, I think. The body is a Spartan - there weren't many made. OH says he's not surprised as it's not an easy one to build.

He's finished making the dashboard today and put all the instruments in. There will only be 2 of the Old Codgers tomorrow, but I'm sure they'll get a lot done.
                "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy its very impressive, your OH must be very talented.
                  Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

Mimi, he has had a lot of expert help, and I think his talent is being able to source the help he needs, but thank you on his behalf for the compliment. xx

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                    X