Potholes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potholes!

We have had an awful lost of potholes appearing about here, due to all the wet weather.
    I have noticed this week that a few of them have been filled in.

Have you noticed a pothole epidemic?!
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Oh yes! Several in our road, one directly outside our house. There is definitely an epidemic in this area along with the uneven footpaths which we were promised would be repaired ages ago. Nothing seems to happen however loud we shout!
    Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
    Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

I saw someone talking about potholes on TV last night, BBC, I think the One Show.

Comment

I was watching the One show last night and they had a topic on pot holes .
        Apparently a man is so sick of them he has added art work around them, uploaded photos of them in a hope to shame the local council.
        The photos have been shared and now people in other parts of the country are doing the same and, instead of the card game Top Trumps, it's become 'Pot Trumps'
        Unfortunately it still hasn't motivated the council to move any faster in the pot hole issues
        Bring me sunshine in your smile.

Comment

I think it’s the same all over the country ,
          Whole parts of the roads are lifting here it’s so bad ,
          Its like a slalom course trying to avoid them ,
          We have noticed a lot of drains are sinking too.

We we’re talking about this with friends on Sunday.
          We all agreed even if the Goverment gave the councils enough money to repair them it would take Decades to get every road up to standard.

Filling pot holes in our opinion is a waste of money as it comes out so quickly ,
          We have had people filling them in with soil and putting plants in , taking photos and putting them on social media .
          If nothing else it brings a smile on people’s faces 😁

Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I think our roads are a national disgrace. We always have a lotof problems as most of our local roads don't have kerbs or anything to stop the tarmac from crumbling away at the sides. Our water table is very high as well and there are places where potholes just keep reappearing because of the water under them.

Also a lot of road surfaces are wearing away where traffic is constantly driving over them - even on the M3.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

They fill ours in and they re-appear after a day or so.
              What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

We have quite a few round by us.
                There is a particularly bad one one the next street to us.
                Its a main road and hubby keeps saying if anyone on a bicycle or motor bike go over it, it could be very nasty for the rider.
                Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Nanto, I believe there have been some serious, even fatal, accidents to cyclists and motor bikes because of potholes.

This sounds interesting, and there is also research into 'self-healing' potholes! Can't come soon enough.

The technology, which identifies holes and then fills them in, will be tested across Hertfordshire.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Self healing potholes sound a very good idea!
                    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Send it here please
                      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Working...
                      X