Following on from Oma's post about Auschwitz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following on from Oma's post about Auschwitz

There is a new film out called One Life, about Sir Nicholas Winton.
    The man who saved many children.
    Anthony Hopkins plays the lead character. I think it will be a good film.

This is the official website of Sir Nicholas Winton who was known for organising the rescue of 669 Czech children from Nazi-occupied Czechoslovakia during the 9 months before world war 2 broke out in 1939.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

It will be good

It will need a great handful of tissues I think.
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I'm sure it will be an excellent film, but I don't know if I'll be able to watch it.
      "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

We have seen the trailer for it ,
        We watched a similar one years ago and it was gut wrenching .
        The fear these children must have felt and the people smuggling them out , you cant imagine it can you 😢
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

I have just read the account that Oma posted. Like you Oma I saw the film some years ago. I think your family must have been affected more going to the actual memorial place, the film will be watered down a bit I think. Being born in 1938 this was happening in my lifetime that we were not aware of.
          Last edited by Plantaholic; 07-01-2024, 01:07 PM.
          What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Plant, that brings it home even more, doesn't it. There must have been so much that was hushed up at the time, and only came to light later.
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
            X