Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secret Santa

We as a family have done secret Santa for the past few years,
    DD gives her friend all our names she chooses who gets who puts it in an envelope with whoever’s name .
    The agreed cost of each present mustn’t exceed £20

This year I have SILs Mam my friend Dorothy ,
    She uses Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz as her Avatar on things
    So I have bought her a pair of Ruby slippers broach from Etsy

It came today and I must admit I’m impressed .
    Its bigger than I thought And very well made ,
    Came beautifully packed , Im sure she will love it .
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

That looks lovely Oma.
    Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Oma I LOVE those! The Wizard of Oz is one of my favourite films.
      I'm sure Dorothy will be delighted!

I think Secret Santa is a very good idea. Saves a lot of wondering what to get everyone, and money.
      I did try suggesting it within the family once (children excepted) Because we do quite a lot of child care, feeding them, driving them about, days out etc they like to treat us at Christmas and birthdays, so weren't happy with the price cap!
      Maybe next year we could try it and if any of the parents want to spend more with presents on us on behalf of the kids they could?
      “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Good idea Gem , I must admit it has taken a lot of strain of the Adults , of course we still buy gifts for GC and Lucie .
        it was getting quite difficult each year buying for adults that have everything .
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Oma, how lovely, and special for Dorothy. I had to look very carefully at them, because an ex-neighbour and her DD make jewellery and other things under a very similar name. I don't think it's the same one, but what a co-incidence if it was!

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

The children do a Secret Santa but their parents and I buy them presents or I give them money. I must say it is a bit of a headache for me now.

What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

What a brilliant idea for a gift.I wish I could be so imaginative when looking for presents!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma View Post
                Good idea Gem , I must admit it has taken a lot of strain of the Adults , of course we still buy gifts for GC and Lucie .
                it was getting quite difficult each year buying for adults that have everything .
                Oma, I agree about adults who have everything, and now my GSs have reached that stage as well. I still have no ideas about what to get either of them. I'm hoping their parents will have some suggestions tomorrow. It seems odd giving them money when they are both earning.

Clover, I always think "why on earth can't I come up with great idea like that" as well. It's so hard. You want to give something they will love, and sometimes it's something unlikely. As Plant says, it's nice to have presents under the tree as well.
                "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                X