"I've cleaned the kitchen floor."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I've cleaned the kitchen floor."

I got back from the garden centre late this afternoon to be greeted by OH telling me he'd cleaned the kitchen floor. Well, after over 56 years of marriage I know that cheeky little boy smile of his means there's more to come!

"Yes", he said, "well, I've cleaned half of the kitchen floor. Look!" as he waved his hand down towards the back door, where the door mat was clearly half dry and half wet.

That end of the kitchen floor was definitely cleaner than the other end.

So as he hastily made me a cup of tea he explained. As I mentioned elsewhere we've got a blocked kitchen sink, which is proving difficult to clear because of the bends in the outlet pipe. OH and our lovely neighbour J have been working on it but still can't reach the blockage. They decided on a chemical attack overnight, and OH was running water down the sink to see how things were going. Then he remembered he wanted to pop across the road with a bottle of wine to another kind neighbour who had given him a lift to the hospital last Thursday. OH had a 10 minute or so chat with those neighbours and got back into the kitchen to find the floor with about an inch of water. He had, of course, forgotten to turn the tap off, and the sink was clearly still blocked!

Half the floor is embarrassingly cleaner than the other half, so I think it's only fair that he cleans the rest of it as well!
    "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

He DEFINITELY should clean it!!!
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Oooops. He should clean it,but you will probably end up doing it.
      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

I don’t understand why he only cleaned half the floor
        What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Plant
          It’s a man’s logic only clean the bit that was wet ,
          they wouldn’t think to carry on and finish the job 😁

Daisy
          If you finish it you know it’s done properly 🙄🤣🤣
          Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Originally posted by Plantaholic View Post
            I don’t understand why he only cleaned half the floor
            Plant, my OH didn't really see mopping up the water as 'cleaning', but he presented it to me as 'cleaning' to put a good spin on flooding the kitchen!

Nanto and Oma, I'm not sure about that. OH usually steam cleans the kitchen floor - he would be less keen to mop it, but wizzing round with the steam cleaner is more his thing.
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

The drain is still blocked, so I don't think there is much chance of OH steaming the rest of the kitchen floor until that's fixed.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

We have some drain rods you could borrow Daisy.
                What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Working...
                X