Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today’s Smile

Ho yes!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
    Eleanor Roosevelt.

So true
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Very true Grauntie.
      Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Yep so true 🤣🤣🤣
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Yep, Grauntie, that's definitely us! Remember the false eyelashes and loads of eyeliner, the not quite decent dresses, the blessing of tights instead of "nylons" and suspenders, the clumpy shoes, and best of all, the feeling that we could conquer the world!
          "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

We would avidly watch Top of the Pops looking for the latest fashion, then hot foot it to Martin Fords in the high street. Cheap and cheerful! 😁
            Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they are put in hot water.
            Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Being a lot older than you ladies, I was busy having babies at that time.
              What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

I had my DD in 1973 Plant 😁 most of this fashion was still going strong ,
                Daisy can you remember the block Mascara you had to wet and the eye liner wand to get a perfect cats eye sweep ,
                Backcombing your hair till it stood proud then gallons of hair spray to keep it there ,

False eyelashes either fell off or took your lids off trying to get them off🤣

My Dad used to say to us girls are you putting a skirt on with that belt as our skirts were so short 🤣🤣

GM no one missed TOTP did they , not just for the music but the fashion and new dance moves .
                Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Plant, I was having babies in the early 70s, but it didn't stop me doing the make-up and mini-dresses.

Oma, yes, the block mascara!! One product I loved in (I think the mid-late 60s) was Max Factor paint on eyeliner. It was black and shiny and once it was dry you could peel it off! I still use a more recent Max Factor product - Lipfinity lipstick. There's a colour with a wand to apply it. You leave it for about a minute then apply the clear slightly glossy topcoat, and you reapply the topcoat as needed. It's brilliant.

TOTP was essential, as was Juke Box Jury and Pick of the Pops with Alan Freeman.

Recorded by my grandad Arthur James, at home in Coventry on Sunday 8th July 1962Sorry that the middle 25 minutes are missing!

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

My son was born in 62 and DD in 64. I think my skirts were a little shorter. No time for make-up and fashion
                    What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Plant, I'm sure you had a lovely time with your babies, though. xx

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                      X