Strange seasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange seasons

As we were coming into our cul de sac this morning, I said to B doesn’t it feel strange we have this boiling hot day and yet all the leaves are starting to fall from the trees.
    We have several that are turning red and shedding their foliage,
    On one hand a early Autumn I think, but on the other hand it’s like a blazing summer day.

As a child I remember distinct seasons now each day can be any season it wants ,
    Did I remember my childhood differently ? I’m sure we had 4 separate seasons

It just doesn’t look right all the trees getting ready for winter in the hot sunshine.
    Im not fat just 6ft too small

Oma, I did read that the trees shed leaves in the heat to save themselves! Not having to "feed" extra leaves. Or so I read, like you the weather is all to @@@k as we would say in Yorkshire!!!

Comment

This is what I read.

Normally when you see leaves falling from trees, it's a telltale sign that autumn has arrived. But when they're dropping in the summer, it's indicative of the trees experiencing stress, particularly during hot and dry weather.

Comment

It's happening to all our trees Lizzie we have hundreds around us like mini forests they changing to autumn colours .
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Working...
        X