Mince pies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mince pies!

We were in our local Sainsbury's yesterday, and on the end of an aisle was a big display of mince pies.
    In August
    “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

The same here Gem, I saw chocolate for Dec 5th in the shops the other day.

Comment

Wow, Gemini that is far too early to be selling mince pies.
      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

We said the same this morning, Morrisons have Mince pies Christmas cake etc and the Christmas Biscuits and sweets in.
        In B&M they have Christmas decorations, Tea towels, Christmas crockery cups plates and such .I love Christmas but it’s far too early.
        Im not fat just 6ft too small

Comment

Several of the big supermarkets are selling the big tubs of sweeties! If I bought them just now they'd all be gone well before Christmas......even if I hid them away !
          Believe you can and you're halfway there.
          Theodore Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by WeeGranny View Post
            Several of the big supermarkets are selling the big tubs of sweeties! If I bought them just now they'd all be gone well before Christmas......even if I hid them away !
            WeeGranny - I think you've just explained WHY they start selling goodies for the end of December in August!!

Although I can't explain away the tea towels and crockery!
            "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

It might seem early to us. Me and hubby were talking about it earlier.
              If money is a bit tight for some,maybe it will help them if they start Christmas shopping now.
              I like to start early,simply to get it done with.
              Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

Nan2, I quite agree, like to start early, and when I was younger and counting every penny I had to do that in order to afford Christmas.

I still think it is very early for mince pies though!
                “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

I think starting shopping early does spread the cost, and I know there are canny grannies who start in January when things like decorations and cards are real bargains.
                  "Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy I did that for many many years. Mum and I had fun each January looking for good bargains in cards, wrapping paper and Christmas crackers

Comment

Gem, it's a great idea, but I would put them in a safe place, never to be seen again.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Oh don't worry Daisy, I have done that! Until I got a Christmas Drawer
                        Now everything goes into Christmas Corner, to be brought down by OH at the appropriate time. I have no idea if it is an actual corner as I have never set foot in the loft! Baby stuff goes into Baby Corner. I have never seen that either.

Comment

Gem, that's a good idea. Perhaps it would help me to get better organised around that time of year, but there's plenty of time yet -as usual, I'll probably start in about 3 months' time.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                          X