Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I never …

You learn something new everyday,
    Our old Armchairs were very heavy having recliner metal / electric works in them ,
    Its always been a struggle if the carpets were changed or cleaned getting them into the dinning room out of the way.
    You have to manoeuvre them a certain way and try to slide them rather than lift .

Anyway the Salvation Army came this morning to collect them ,
    Two men came and one asked if the backs came off I said no but he lifted the fabric flap at the back to look pressed a couple of leavers and off the backs popped 🙄

Making it a doddle to move and lift them in two pieces .
    We had no idea no one told us , when they came they came in one piece all wrapped so we never had reason to think otherwise .

We are going to have a look at our new ones at some point see if they are the same.

Why they can’t tell you this when you buy them .

The look on my face when they came off made the man laugh 😂 I was genuinely shocked ,
    He said lots of recliners come apart like that because of the weight .

Your never too old to learn something new are you .
    All the times we have struggled with them

Im not fat just 6ft too small

Oma, why on earth would anyone check to see if they could take their lovely chairs apart? But I had to laugh because we had the same with our old ones (much older than yours). We were giving them to GS2 and he and OH discovered you could take the backs off them when they were trying to manhandle them into the trailer!

As you say, you live and learn! I bet you'll check your new ones before you try moving them.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Daisy it wasn't till a few weeks ago we realised they also had USB ports in them . We know these new ones have them also we checked 😁

Comment

USB ports are so useful, Oma. Our new(ish) arm chairs have them too.

"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognise how good things really are. "

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Your face would be a picture Oma!!!

Comment

Oma, like you say,you learn something new everyday.
            The men who collected them would know what to look for,with collecting them on a regular basis.

Had a lovely couple of hours with sis in law and her hubby.
            Unfortunately,it wasn't sitting in the garden type of weather.
            Sometimes I forget to like posts,but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Comment

We had to move 2 heavy recliner chairs from my mum's house and leave them on the drive for council collection. I wonder if they would have come apart like that?!!

Where do you look for usb ports Oma? We have a 2 seater recliner sofa. It has no charging ports - as far as I am aware!! I would love there to be usb ports in it!!
              “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

They built into the side where the recliner buttons are Gem .
                we just didn’t notice them on the old ones 😁

Comment

No ports where our electric recliner buttons are unfortunately!
                  “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown

Comment

Gem, do I sense there might be new furniture in the Gem household?

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

No recliners, no USB ports in my furniture unfortunately
                      What is life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy View Post
                        Gem, do I sense there might be new furniture in the Gem household?
                        Sadly no Daisy. Our recliner sofa is what passes for new in our house( about 7 years old) The other bigger non recliner one is much older and quite tatty now. We both find it very comfortable though, and new GC keep coming along, so no plans to replace that one just yet!

Comment

Gem, 7 (or in some cases) 17 years passes for new with us! Comfort is definitely the first priority.

(Marianne Williamson)

Comment

Working...
                          X